Church is in session next door

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a negative view on the subject. I watched a close friend from my college days literally "go to pot".

Intelligent as hell, a very skilled pilot and aircraft tech. He started recreationally and it completely took over his life. He ended up grossly underemployed and pretty much destitute.

Probably due in part to an addictive personality, but no one else I have ever known had nearly as much trouble with any other drug or alcohol.

I have a negative view on the subject. I watched a close friend from my college days literally "go to pot".

Intelligent as hell, a very skilled pilot and aircraft tech. He started recreationally and it completely took over his life. He ended up grossly underemployed and pretty much destitute.

Probably due in part to an addictive personality, but no one else I have ever known had nearly as much trouble with any other drug or alcohol.

I'm going to guess that this friend would have found a different way to ruin his life if weed had been unavailable. It's heartbreaking to watch someone flush their lives down the toilet, whether it's due to weed, alcohol, meth, cocaine, prescription pills, or any other thing. In my experience, the people who have had the worst trouble with their lives are those that became alcoholics and were not able to stop drinking.

And we, the whole country are soon 'going catholic'..

I have friends who indulge. it's there thing. I've seen friends fall on simple stuff, and others fully functional on heavy opiates.. it all depends otn eh individual, how "reliant" they become. And, usually something drove them to that point of preferred indulgence..

Back