What do you do for a living?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been in I.T. since 1977. For the last 26 years, I've been with TransUnion (one of the 3 major consumer credit reporting agencies). I am an Enterprise Information Architect, responsible for database design, as well as master data and metadata management.

I used to work in one of those real-life cubicle farms as discussed above. But in 2011, I became one of the first employees in my company to telecommute full-time. My commute is a flight of stairs, and I spend my days in pajama pants and t-shirts.

Another benefit of working from a home office is the easy access to the adjacent workshop.:cool2:

I was laid off in December.

Since I will turn 62 next month, I just put in my application to start collecting social security. Early retirement means I can spend less of my life staring at computer screens!

We have a winner! :clap:

:wink:

Got in through the intern program. Been an exciting few years so far. If any of the TRF members ever swing by Titusville I'd happily grab a brew over at Brix/Playalinda brewery and share my (brief) history.

Retail/ Corporate Manager 20+- years.
Residential/ light commercial heating and AC for the last 4 years.

I co-authored a mobile application since 2004 and have been managing its success up to this very day at NCR Corporation. I'm new to this forum. I'm also new to rocketry, but not new to the dreams associated with it.

Kevin VanDriel

I am no longer entirely sure what I do, however I am pretty confident I am a giraffe and a Ferris wheel short of working at a circus...

Director of Design for Sigma and Robustness at the largest ATM company in the world. Make sure the ATM dispenses cash when its supposed to and keep it and you secure when its not.

Fabricator, Press Operator, Material handler, & etc. & on & on... at Central Vacuum Mfg. Co.
I often feel like a broken cog in the "Wheel of Misfortune"

Back