How clean can it get?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AfterBurners

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Message_1474480688256.jpgMessage_1474513520877.jpg20160922_180021.jpgMessage_1474592644152.jpg20160915_081026.jpg

Recently I rescued a Siberian Husky who I named Sasha. My sister found her abandoned and signs were NOT posted so I gave her a home. I bring her in the garage because she likes being with me and we really bonded. Shed beautiful. Anyway she was able to reach the top of my work bench and got a hold of a plastic nail brush that was next to the hand cleaner. No big deal she chewed up but I got it off her before she could swallow anything. My point is that right next to it was epoxy, CA, sanding sealer....so I ordered another cabinet and this is results. I know you guys are gonna cringe but my dog is the world to me. It's as close to puppy proof but I still watch her. I still watch her closely, but I feel much better that the extremely harmful stuff is locked away. She's an awesome dog.

Last edited:
Beautiful dog, glad she found a home with you.

She'll get up there, don't you worry. Fur babies always find a way, if they're determined enough. My lab and German shepherd/lab mix work together with my twin girls to get anything that they need.

Where does the car/truck go?:wink:

I have a Husky story. Neighbor had a nice female husky they had bred and spayed her after she had one litter. Kept one "son" and had him neutered too for a pair. They kept them in an open pen in their back yard and we asked permission if we could give them leftover steak bones after our family cookouts. Owner said, "Sure, no problem." I'd jump over the fence with the bones right into the pen and both dogs would greet me in a very friendly manner
and actually didn't mind me petting and talking to them while they chomped on the bones. Never did they ever show me any hostility whatsoever. Weeeeeeellllll, we had some sadistic urban raccoons who would sit on the top
of the 10 foot back fence just to torment Duke and Duchess by their presence. The poor dogs would bark and give that high pitched howl Huskies can do. One day Duke had enough of this baloney and ran the length of the pen
and took a flying leap at the coon and the fence. He missed the coon directly but he bounce off the chainlink fence and that was enough to knock the coon off balance into the pen. Duchess was at the ready and Duke got up where
they both finished off that coon very quickly. Good gosh, they were brutally efficient with dispatching the coon and I wondered wow, I must really be their "friend".
I continued to jump the fence with treats and they never showed any aggression towards me anytime thereafter too!
Kurt

Beautiful dog!

That is an acceptable excuse for having a clean workshop. The dog will chase off the rocket gremlins that are attracted to a clean workspace pretty effectively.

Where does the car/truck go?:wink:

I have a Husky story. Neighbor had a nice female husky they had bred and spayed her after she had one litter. Kept one "son" and had him neutered too for a pair. They kept them in an open pen in their back yard and we asked permission if we could give them leftover steak bones after our family cookouts. Owner said, "Sure, no problem." I'd jump over the fence with the bones right into the pen and both dogs would greet me in a very friendly manner
and actually didn't mind me petting and talking to them while they chomped on the bones. Never did they ever show me any hostility whatsoever. Weeeeeeellllll, we had some sadistic urban raccoons who would sit on the top
of the 10 foot back fence just to torment Duke and Duchess by their presence. The poor dogs would bark and give that high pitched howl Huskies can do. One day Duke had enough of this baloney and ran the length of the pen
and took a flying leap at the coon and the fence. He missed the coon directly but he bounce off the chainlink fence and that was enough to knock the coon off balance into the pen. Duchess was at the ready and Duke got up where
they both finished off that coon very quickly. Good gosh, they were brutally efficient with dispatching the coon and I wondered wow, I must really be their "friend".
I continued to jump the fence with treats and they never showed any aggression towards me anytime thereafter too!
Kurt

Awesome story. They are also extremely smart as you witness with the coon, but they are known escape artists, but if you exercise them daily they are content. Sasha is only 4 months and has plenty of growing left to do. She just loves hanging out with me...so when I work on something where I'm using sanding sealers, epoxies etc she stays out. When the work is done everything goes back in the cabinet and gets locked. I would like to get one more roll away for the other work bench.

Dan- my wife can never see these pictures! You rotten turncoat, you! That said, we had a husky and she was an awesome/beautiful dog. The Viking Princess will talk your ear off of stories about her! Hope to see you soon at a launch! (ROCstock?)

Dan- my wife can never see these pictures! You rotten turncoat, you! That said, we had a husky and she was an awesome/beautiful dog. The Viking Princess will talk your ear off of stories about her! Hope to see you soon at a launch! (ROCstock?)

I'll be there! Working on some birds right now to get ready to fly.

Comon,,
I wanna see some more pics of the pooch...
My wife's favorite...
What color eyes ??
Beautiful....

Teddy

20160920_120116.jpg20160831_143253.jpg20160905_144315.jpg20160915_075126.jpg

OK Teddy here ya go...Took her to the park today. As always it was a good time. Very sociable dog and wants to meet everyone wherever we go. Once she gets a little older I plan on bringing her some launches. I'm sure she'll enjoy meeting new people/ If I could train her to retrieve rockets that would be cool. :) Sorry the pics are sideways I uploaded them from my phone and not PC.

Last edited:
Ha,,
She's a cutie..
What a great dog..
Good for you..
You two are going to enjoy each other for many, many years to come...

Teddy

Ha,,
She's a cutie..
What a great dog..
Good for you..
You two are going to enjoy each other for many, many years to come...

I'm definitely looking forward to it. I live in SoCal so there aren't many open areas, so instead of walking her around the neighborhoods where I live and having to deal with irresponsible owners who can't keep their dogs on a leash and strays, I've been taking her to regional parks where it more open and more peaceful and yes I keep her on a leash at all times. I just enjoy the nicer parks. I bought a park pass so I don't have to pay to get in and I can use it at over a dozen parks and some beaches...it just makes more sense so a walk is more like an adventure each time...

Last edited:
We had a husky for a lot of years and lost him about eight years ago at the age of 17. He was awesome and loved to run more than anything. The cold never bothered him at all. He got away from us once and stayed outside in subzero temperatures for three days just "orbiting " our house and property (we had seven acres in the country at the time). One morning, about the second or third day, I found him in the back yard under a tree covered with an inch or two of snow and assumed that he would be ready to come back in. I opened the door, called him, and he jumped up, shook off the snow and started running again. It was well below zero and he was as happy as could be.

We had a husky for a lot of years and lost him about eight years ago at the age of 17. He was awesome and loved to run more than anything. The cold never bothered him at all. He got away from us once and stayed outside in subzero temperatures for three days just "orbiting " our house and property (we had seven acres in the country at the time). One morning, about the second or third day, I found him in the back yard under a tree covered with an inch or two of snow and assumed that he would be ready to come back in. I opened the door, called him, and he jumped up, shook off the snow and started running again. It was well below zero and he was as happy as could be.

I wish I had that kind of property...

Beautiful dog! I had a husky long ago and that was the most high energy dog I've ever had. And I've had a lot of dogs.

These dogs are incredible. I had another neighbor with a Samoyed who was left alone on a chain in the middle of winter because of divorce proceedings. (Husband OTR truck driver who comes
home to find wife expended all the money on cocaine so I think there was justification. Happened over 25 years ago and all parties have moved out of area.)
Anywho, was -25F without the windchill and dog broke the chain and was running loose. I felt sorry and tried to get the dog at least to put in my garage for feed and water. Dog was prancing around wanting to play and didn't let me get close enough to grab his collar! Was very unseasonablly cold for Illinois at that time and had to give up even though I was dressed for bear I was getting cold from the windchill. The dog did fine and husband eventually "got custody" of the dog and the kids. Kurt

These dogs are incredible. I had another neighbor with a Samoyed who was left alone on a chain in the middle of winter because of divorce proceedings. (Husband OTR truck driver who comes
home to find wife expended all the money on cocaine so I think there was justification. Happened over 25 years ago and all parties have moved out of area.)
Anywho, was -25F without the windchill and dog broke the chain and was running loose. I felt sorry and tried to get the dog at least to put in my garage for feed and water. Dog was prancing around wanting to play and didn't let me get close enough to grab his collar! Was very unseasonablly cold for Illinois at that time and had to give up even though I was dressed for bear I was getting cold from the windchill. The dog did fine and husband eventually "got custody" of the dog and the kids. Kurt

Great story Kurt! They are very clever dogs for sure and yes high energy. I k ow that within the first year you should limit how far you walk them, so I take on an average of a mile to mile and half when go out. This allows their body and bones to develop fully. After a year shell hit at least 4-6 miles a day plus prepping her for hiking trails in the local mountains. I was reading that females are 20-22" at their withers, Sasha to s around 19" already and she's almost 5 months so she'll be pretty big. Anyway I want to go to some Lau chew especially when it's cold like November and December. They love the cold.

I wish I had that kind of property...

We only had seven acres but one neighbor had twenty or so and the other had probably forty or more. The area behind us and across the street was all undeveloped.

I hated that we had to sell it.

I still miss it and my wife and I hope to be able to get back to something like that when we retire.

Back