Help Support RocketryForum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16
    Quote Originally Posted by samb View Post
    The most anticipated launch since Apollo 11 !
    Yeah, I think I heard Elon Musk will be coming to watch!

What's this assuming noise ? 18mm BP, right ? Is there a shortage in The Garden State ?
    Actually it's 24mm BP, and I want to start with a C11-5. If conditions hold and there's time, I'll try a D12-5. I presently have neither of these, they are hard to find around here. The only place to get them is at a single hobby shop that is *fortunately* sort of on the way to the launch, so I'll have to pick them up on the way. That is not my ideal scenario, and it means I can't go to the launch as early as I'd like, because the shop opens at 10 AM.

I'm still trying to see if I can bum any motors from someone at the field, but unless I have something confirmed in advanced I'll have to buy tomorrow morning.

Please make sure you arrange for multiple still and motion picture camera operators at the field. Outsource the operation of your own equipment so you can focus on flight and recovery operations.
    I tried that at my last launch, assigning my friend and my father, each of which had good DSLRs, so I could watch. I barely got a single good picture from the two of them for the entire day. I'll see if anyone else at the launch can help me out, but otherwise I feel like the only one I can rely on is me (and I'm not great shakes at this either, but I usually get some decent shots).

GO! GO! GO!
    I appreciate your enthusiasm.

Recently completed: APRO Lander II and Starship Avalon; next up: Accur8-skinned Trajector and Ragnarok Orbital Interceptor
    My photo albums: fleet pics and OR Models

Have you invited Chris Pratt and Lawrence for the christening flight?

Quote Originally Posted by Nytrunner View Post
    Have you invited Chris Pratt and Lawrence for the christening flight?
    PM me their phone numbers, I'll give them a buzz.
    Recently completed: APRO Lander II and Starship Avalon; next up: Accur8-skinned Trajector and Ragnarok Orbital Interceptor

Quote Originally Posted by neil_w View Post
    Attention: this crazy monstrosity will fly on Saturday at the Rad Rocs launch, assuming I can get hold of a motor or three before then.
    Much luck today! Looking forward to your documentary to cap off your adventures with the Avalon build.

Avalon did not fly today.

The prevailing winds were about 10 mph and heading towards the short side of the field, which meant that any rocket achieving decent altitude was landing in 7' corn, or worse, in some extraordinarily dense scrub outside the cornfield. I squelched my go fever and decided not to launch *any* of my scratchbuilds today.

It will happen eventually!

I don't blame you, wise decision.