Tripoli Wisconsin- 9/24-25

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djs

Reaction score
Who will be there? I'm hoping to fly some EX motors of the "non-CATO" kind :)

Me! I'll be there both days all day....finally a weekend off from work!

Will have some Gorilla, AMW, Kosdon, Vulcan, AT, and EX motors to burn. Hoping for good weather for the last launch of the season at the Bong!

Preston

Who will be there? I'm hoping to fly some EX motors of the "non-CATO" kind :)

I'm in!! I'm still high on rockets from Airfest and looking forward to burning a few.

I'm gonna try to slide up there for at least one day. Gotta see if the car is fixed... :mad: I DID have money to give to Tim for the MWP dragrace, but now it's all gone to car repair. Might have to resort to plastic money (it bounces better, right?)

Adrian

Should be there on Saturday, not sure about Sunday... Need to get something prepped to fly...

Enough carpool chatter.

What are you bringing to fly? I decided to fly all my Darkstars:

3" On a Preston EX 54 Blue
4" On a Preston EX 54 Skid
6" On a Preston EX 75 Skid

Didn't realize they were also ALL Preston motors till I typed this!!

I got an 54 EX J Pitch black motor I'll fly on my darkstar 2.6. Probably some smaller 38EX stuff on my Interceptor, if all goes well. Maybe an AT29-40-120 load on my 2.6" v2?

Great choice on your motor manufacturer for the weekend Jason!

54mm scratch built...Vulcan H100 Smokey Sam
Blue iguana...AT I211
3in tomahawk...Gorilla I392 Black Lightning
RW All American...Kosdon J675 Fast
Formula 150...EX L1000 sparky
7.5in Original L3 bird...EX M1650 redneck

Preston

Enough carpool chatter.

What are you bringing to fly? I decided to fly all my Darkstars:

3" On a Preston EX 54 Blue
4" On a Preston EX 54 Skid
6" On a Preston EX 75 Skid

Didn't realize they were also ALL Preston motors till I typed this!!

I'm not TRA but Tim invited me up...I have a Packer game to go to on Sunday, but I think I may squeeze up there on Saturday. We'll see how the weather shapes up.

And yes, planning on joining TRA soon also

I'm not TRA but Tim invited me up...I have a Packer game to go to on Sunday, but I think I may squeeze up there on Saturday. We'll see how the weather shapes up. And yes, planning on joining TRA soon also

Tracy, even if you dont join TRA, you have to come check out the Bong! They are a great group of guys and gals to fly and hang with. :smile:

Agreed- I always enjoy the Tripoli Wisconsin launches. Plus free lunch! how can you turn that down? :)

Oh I've been to Bong...love it there...hate the tall grass :facepalm:. Was just there last weekend with WOOSH and tried out my new Marco Polo. Walked me straight to the rocket every time! As long as the weather is nice (which it looks to be) I will be there! Will be great meeting up with some of you.

Good Luck to all my friends hitting the Bong this weekend! Wish i could be there but, i'm finishing my vacation and, IF i'm going to fly anything at MWP14...
I better get going (on IT here) this weekend.

Stay out of the Swamps and, if it looks like an Alligator...IT PROBABLY IS!...:surprised:

Enjoy the nice weather, drink the great Cider across the street and, above all be safe and, have fun!

P.S. Sabrina? I'll be sending you some videos tomorrow of some REALLY AWESOME motor tests behind the barn.
Or a major CONFLAGRATION...:hot: Either way, i will be there and, it will be interesting...It always is...

Great launch today! I had to leave early, but did get two successful EX flights in. Special thanks to the Wildman for providing a great lunch!

Yes it was another great launch at the Bong today. Nice to fly and talk to a great bunch of flyers. Its hard to believe its the last launch until Jan. for the Bong site. Thanks goes out to Wildman for letting us purchase the necessities of life from the Wildman trailer. Plus Tim and Jackie had a great lunch today for all of us.

Indeed it was a great day! Good amount of flights even with the cloudiness for the last launch of the season at the Bong. Will post a few pics I snapped tomorrow.

Preston

Yes it was another great launch at the Bong today. Nice to fly and talk to a great bunch of flyers. Its hard to believe its the last launch until Jan. for the Bong site. Thanks goes out to Wildman for letting us purchase the necessities of life from the Wildman trailer. Plus Tim and Jackie had a great lunch today for all of us.

Had to miss today for a funeral... Maybe make it up Sunday. If not, I'll see everyone at MWP!

Good Luck to all my friends hitting the Bong this weekend! Wish i could be there but, i'm finishing my vacation and, IF i'm going to fly anything at MWP14...
I better get going (on IT here) this weekend.

Stay out of the Swamps and, if it looks like an Alligator...IT PROBABLY IS!...:surprised:

Enjoy the nice weather, drink the great Cider across the street and, above all be safe and, have fun!

P.S. Sabrina? I'll be sending you some videos tomorrow of some REALLY AWESOME motor tests behind the barn.
Or a major CONFLAGRATION...:hot: Either way, i will be there and, it will be interesting...It always is...

I was at Bong on Saturday!!! sleeping in the van the whole launch :p

Dad launched Mom's 2.6 Darkstar on an H115 Metalstorm. It just about hit the low power pad on the landing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnQVybdgk8Q&feature=youtu.be

[video=youtube;tnQVybdgk8Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnQVybdgk8Q&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Here's a few pics I was able to take when I had time on Saturday....

Click on pic for full size pic

My 3in RW Tomahawk an a Gorilla I392 Black Lightning
001.jpg

Jason Griffin's 3in Darkstar on one of my EX 54/1050 J600 blue
003.jpg

Another CTI 38mm Cato, this time a sparky
005.jpg

Jason Griffin's 4in Darkstar on one of my EX 54/2550 K1000 sparky
007.jpg

Kevin Harnack's V2 on an AT 54mm I229T
009.jpg

My scratch built 54mm rocket on a Vulcan H100 smokey sam
011.jpg

Glen P's (djs on TRF) darkstar on an EX J pitch black motor
013.jpg

Vern Hoag's Patriot on an AT H178DM
014.jpg

Loc 7.5in V2 on an AT J275W
015.jpg

Greg Olson's Thor on an AT I170MG
016.jpg

A few more to come....

Preston

Jason Griffin's Ultimate Darkstar on one of my EX 75/6000 M1200 sparky

Clic on Pic for full size....

021.jpg

022.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

My RW 4in All American on a Kosdon 38/800 J675 Fast
028.jpg

That's all I got between retrieving my rockets and Griffin's rockets.

Preston

Great photos! Thanks for taking the time to shoot and share them. Also, thanks again for the "tall weeds" recovery help. As bad as everyone thinks Bong is, I have a great time EVERY time. Looking forward to the winter launches.

Great photos... Damn... I missed Jason's Ultimate... Still haven't seen it go up in person

I was at Bong on Saturday!!! sleeping in the van the whole launch :p

Dad launched Mom's 2.6 Darkstar on an H115 Metalstorm. It just about hit the low power pad on the landing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnQVybdgk8Q&feature=youtu.be

[video=youtube;tnQVybdgk8Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnQVybdgk8Q&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Ouch! :surprised: Gravel recovery...Looked like a great flight beyond that. :D
Great pictures Preston! Looks like everyone had a good time!

Did anyone see "Le Claude?" I miss that rascal...

Amazing how much fun can be had at the Bong with friends. Thank you all for a great Saturday, and thanks Tim and Jackie for lunch! :)

I'll share some video once available...

Back