Show us your family photos

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Queeg500

Reaction score
If ya really like a rocket, ya build 'em in different sizes.
Here is my Patriot family - low, mid and high power. From left to right:
Estes stock 18mm that has about 15 flights
another Estes that I upgraded with a 24mm motor mount and this has 3-4 flights
and lastly a PML 1/4 scale Patriot in 38mm which I plan to certify L1 in August or September.

patriot-L-M-H.jpg

No L2 until I get a pay raise. not sure when that will be.

Actually that 1/4 scale will work beautifully for level one and two. Then when your raise comes through, you can get the 1/2 scale and use it for level three.....
:clap:

These aren't the greatest pictures, but here's one of my "families." They are the rockets that I have built in my ongoing FSI clone project. The pictures were taken this past April on Easter Sunday. They are arranged in more or less the order of original release. In the first photo are my Penetrator, Star Gazer, Nova and Voyager. In the second photo are my Oso, Orbit (lost a week later), Sprint and Micro. Next are my Vikings, I through IV. After that are my Echo-1, Eos, Mach 1 Dart and Maverick. Finally there is my (damaged) Hercules and my Hornet. Not shown is my recently completed Competitor.

DSCF1205-1.jpg

DSCF1206-2.jpg

DSCF1208-1.jpg

DSCF1212.jpg

DSCF1213-1.jpg

Last edited:
These aren't the greatest pictures, but here's one of my "families." They are the rockets that I have built in my ongoing FSI clone project. The pictures were taken this past April on Easter Sunday. They are arranged in more or less the order of original release. In the first photo are my Penetrator, Star Gazer, Nova and Voyager. In the second photo are my Oso, Orbit (lost a week later), Sprint and Micro. Next are my Vikings, I through IV. After that are my Echo-1, Eos, Mach 1 Dart and Maverick. Finally there is my (damaged) Hercules and my Hornet. Not shown is my recently completed Competitor.

For those of you who haven't seen it, which is everyone who wasn't in the 7-8 member congregation of ASTRE in June, Mark's Competitor is Bright International orange, with a non existent nose cone seam (well he said that if you hold it up to the right, and tilt it, you could see a faint seam, I couldn't see it so I jut played along) and a rear ejection system that doesn't work very well (No, I won't drop it :D )
Well, my rockets are orphans :(

Hyperloc Family
mini, 3", 4" and 5.5"
:cool:

and a bigger one, 7.5" is in..assembly phase..

fam1_214.jpg

Forget my previous post; I think this is more like what you are looking for. My FlisKits Midnight Express family (L to R): Micromaxx, 13mm, 18mm and 54mm :D.

DSCF0059-2.jpg

Last edited:
IQSY Tomahawk in 1.52, 2.14, 2.56, 3.0, 3.9, & 5.38
55Tomahawk043.jpg

My Nuke collection here
rocket107.jpg

Last edited:
Actually that 1/4 scale will work beautifully for level one and two. Then when your raise comes through, you can get the 1/2 scale and use it for level three.....
:clap:

thanks for the encouragement :cool: but what if I certify L1 and find out, for whatever reason, high power rocketry just isn't for me? too boring, uninteresting, just too big... :D has this ever happened to anyone? :D:D I better get L1 first and not get my hopes up.

Last edited:
thanks for the encouragement :cool: but what if I certify L1 and find out, for whatever reason, high power rocketry just isn't for me? too boring, uninteresting, just too big... :D has this ever happened to anyone? :D:D I better get L1 first and not get my hopes up.

Well, you know, I certified level 3 about 5 or 6 years ago and now I fly many more low and mid power models than high power. That's the beauty of it all. There is no limit on what you do, just have fun with it.

yeah, I was being facetious there just a little bit. :roll:

Last edited:
Yeah, I got that, but I was being more serious. It is a rare thing for me, so I thought I would savor the moment...
:cool:

Forget my previous post; I think this is more like what you are looking for. My FlisKits Midnight Express family (L to R): Micromaxx, 13mm, 18mm and 54mm :D.
If you're going to use the "Tour De Deuce" Midnight Express, you should at least put a "Deuce" motor mount in it.

If ya really like a rocket, ya build 'em in different sizes.

Great thread, glad to see other enthusiasts have their favorite rockets represented in a variety of sizes. I am a big Jayhawk fan, so it is what I tend to come back to. Over and over. My daughter, 53" tall, is included for size reference. Here, from left to right, are...

Polecat 5.5" Jayhawk - 54mm (flown x 2)
Crayola Jayhawk (Crayhawk) - 38mm (flown x 1)
BT-60 Jayhawk (purple) - 18mm (flown x 6)
BT-60 Jayhawk (orange) - 24mm (in construction)
10" Jayhawk - 98mm (in construction, here... https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?t=9044)
Hershey's Strawberry Syrup Jayhawk - 38mm (flown x 2)
BT-5 Jayhawk - 13mm (flown x 4)
BT-20 Jayhawk - 13mm (flown x 6)
Polecat 4.0" Jayhawk - 38mm (flown x 3)
Hershey's Chocolate Syrup Jayhawk - 38mm (in construction)
Madcow 2.6" Jayhawk - 29mm (flown x 1)

Missing from the group picture is my Fliskit BT-70 ACME Jayhawk, which was lost in tall grass at a low power launch on June 5th. :(

JayHawk family photo 3.jpg

enlarged flight #1.jpg

Last edited:
Here is my Art Applewhite Stealth oddroc family.

Bottom to top - 24mm Stealth, 29mm Stealth, 38mm Stealth, 54mm Stealth.

The 24mm Stealth flies on 24mm D-F motors, the 29mm on 29mm E-G motors, the 38mm Stealth on 38mm G and H motors and the 54mm Stealth on 54mm J and K motors.

Here's my Der Red Max family. I suppose the ironic thing is that there isn't a "stock" one in the bunch. From left to right they are:

~ BT-50 Orange Max
~ Jayhawk-ish Red Max
~ Upscale Der Red Eye Max
~ Fluorescent Max
~ Der Viper Max III -- a combo of the Max and LOC Viper III
~ Goony-esque Green Max
~ Der Red Bird Max Zero
~ Two stage BT-55 Red Max

The other picture is of ones I've lost, including my BT-55 Der Big Red White and Blue Max on the left and my BT-20 Downscale on the right.

Attachments

• Red Max - Family.JPG
    Red Max - Family.JPG
    221.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Red Max - RIP.jpg
    Red Max - RIP.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 17
Back