AIRFest 22: Lost and Found

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife and I saw an orange chute pop up above the milo a few times while out retrieving a few rockets. Attached is a map of the area.

View attachment 300902

We found my son's "Agent Orange" (Construction Orange Honest John) in approximately that area Sunday afternoon while looking for his John Deere Jart. Not sure if this is the rocket you saw or not.

We found my son's "Agent Orange" (Construction Orange Honest John) in approximately that area Sunday afternoon while looking for his John Deere Jart. Not sure if this is the rocket you saw or not.

We didn't see the rocket, just the orange chute pop up a couple of times.

I lost a LOC Onyx - blue (actually teal - so blue/green) with a silver foil wrap. It was floating on its way to the green crops over to the left of the launch field. Single use case (G80) - i.e. no metal, no electronics. Lost Sunday, as we were getting ready to leave, minimal time to hunt for it. It is of zero sentimental value. So, if found, give it to any young kid or early rocketeer that wants it.....BTW...As always, we had a BLAST at AIRFEST!!!! If found, and no one wants it, I will be back next year,and I will stick another motor in it, and probably lose it again..... Andy

The John Deere Jart fincan was found. I saw it on a table in the Wildman camp, no NC or chute. Someone was asking everybody there, & those walking by....who's it was.
Green body & yellowfins? Don't recall who brought it in or what happened to it.

Maybe Griffin remembers?

Griffin here,

I don't have any knowledge about the booster. All lost and founds made their way to the pile next to the circus tent.

Funny thing, davedue was there helping tear down so not sure what might have become of it. Maybe got stowed without him seeing it.

Janett says she looked in the lost & found pile right before it was hauled to the trailer and didn't see it. Maybe it got loaded up in Wildman's stuff. I guess we will find out at the next launch. I won't be there though. Got prior commitments for the October launch but plan on being out for Distant Thunder and re-attempt the L3 cert.

Back