BattlePark Fall Launch October 28, 29, & 30

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone over 18 must join the club in order to fly.

Ben

We were going to have a maintenance on the 8th but got rained out. Next maintenence day is the 15th. We should have a better feel for the field then.

Due to a scheduling conflict, the Nov launch will be on the 19th and 20th. The web site will be updated this weekend.

Ben

We just had maintenance day out at the field. The Corn is GONE!!!!!!

Since the fields were clear we set up the range and put the pads in place already. The Port-a-Potty is already in place and we are ready to fly on the 28th!

Two weeks to go! Get those rockets READY!

Awesome. I'm all set up to fly on the 30th. Just can't make it on Saturday due to all the final softball/soccer games. Looking very forward to it!!

As long as the weather holds, it will be great! Look me up when you get there.

BTW, I don't see any reasons we can't fly as many sparkies as people want! Not even corn stubble left like last year.

Last edited:
Marked on my calendar.
I've been taking care of business and the home front while my brother is touring Croatia/Bosnia....hope to see him back before this launch so I can take some time off and come on out.

Lots of projects still in the build queue - but I have stuff to fly.

1/23rd scale Saturn 1B is "on hold" while I work out details for the fin can and transitions...I may bring that just to get some ideas from you guys on the electronics bay.

I talked to Ken Allen of Performance Hobbies the other night and gave him an order for AT reloads.

He told me he would be at NOVAAR for a night launch on Saturday, 29 October, but he'll be at BattlePark all day Friday the 28th, Saturday morning the 29th, and all day on Sunday the 30th.

Get your orders in!!!!!

That's great news!
I think between weather and schedule conflicts I only made it to 2-3 launches last year, hope this year is a lot better!

I hope so too. The last couple of years have been bad for weather. Lots of postponed launches because of wind or mud on the field.

The current forecast for the launch is high 60s and mostly sunny with winds in the 4 - 6 mph range. It sounds like it will be great, but that forecast is still a week out so.....

Culpepr Motors.jpg

Getting Ready for BattlePark!
Loaded Motors from Left to Right:
AT M1850 in Loki 7600 case w/ CTI 75mm Adapter
Loki M1650 Cocktail in Kosdon 6000n case
AT M1297 in 4800n EX case w/ CTI 75mm Adapter
AMW L1276 Red in Kosdon 2550n case
K940 in Pro54 with 1 spacer
K445 in Pro54 case
KBA K400 in Kosdon 1400n case

Yeah, I like mixing things up

Attachments

• 20161023_184539.jpg
    20161023_184539.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
I have my M1725 in a Loki 76/6000 case mixed up. I just have to load the motor.

I just saw the AccuWeather forecast for this weekend. It's getting better and better!

Capture.PNG

Winds are 4 to 6 mph They will peek at those numbers about 1 to 2 PM. If you want even less wind, get your rocket launched as soon as the waiver is open at 10 AM or wait until later around 4 PM

Don't forget your suntan lotion!

I'm thinking this launch could be epic!!!!

I have my M1725 in a Loki 76/6000 case mixed up. I just have to load the motor.

I just saw the AccuWeather forecast for this weekend. It's getting better and better!
View attachment 303933
Winds are 4 to 6 mph They will peek at those numbers about 1 to 2 PM. If you want even less wind, get your rocket launched as soon as the waiver is open at 10 AM or wait until later around 4 PM
Don't forget your suntan lotion!
I'm thinking this launch could be epic!!!!

Yeah if it is anything like a couple pf those last ones - it going to be REAL good.

What's that M going in?

Last edited:
Yeah if it is anything like a couple pf those last ones - it good be REAL good.

What's that M going in?

The M is going in my "Big Bird" It's a Performer 150 from Ken Allen. In fact, if you look at the Performance Hobbies Fiberglass Sport Kits, he has a couple of pics of mine on the website. Ken credits Mitch with the launch photo, which is correct, but my wife took the pic on the left.

Anyway, should weigh about 55 lbs on the pad and get about 5,600 ft. I haven't decided if I'll fly it Friday or Saturday.

It sounds like we should have 4 or 5 M flight, maybe more.

The M is going in my "Big Bird" It's a Performer 150 from Ken Allen. In fact, if you look at the Performance Hobbies Fiberglass Sport Kits, he has a couple of pics of mine on the website. Ken credits Mitch with the launch photo, which is correct, but my wife took the pic on the left.

Anyway, should weigh about 55 lbs on the pad and get about 5,600 ft. I haven't decided if I'll fly it Friday or Saturday.

It sounds like we should have 4 or 5 M flight, maybe more.

That is an awesome looking rocket, and your weather report really made my night!! Can't wait to get there on Sunday and sure wish I could on Saturday!!!

How big is the landing area? I tried to find it on the website but might have missed it.

Ok. All setup and ready to go! Perfect way to spend my 50th. Off work and playing with rockets! Can't wait to get out to Battlepark on Sunday.
Fleet.jpgGIJoe.jpg

I just found this post and am excited to see an active discussion about this weekend's launch. This will be my first visit to the Battlepark launch site and will be shooting for my level 1 with a MadCow Super DX3. I'm also hoping to launch a 2-stage F15 powered rocket if the winds cooperate. Any tips or hints for someone making their first trip to the launch field.

Thanks

Welcome to Battle Park. Nar or Tripoli for your level 1? Either I or Elaine can help you with your level 1 certification.

Ben

Back