Catching Up

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulBC

Reaction score
Hi Mid Power fans,
I've been encouraged to post on the forum by the management who have lamented my lack of recent communication. I have been distracted from rocketry for a while now (doing up barns in France etc.) but I haven't lost interest. Some of you may remember the kits I did a while ago under the 'SpaceCraft' label.
My only current project is my 1/14th. X-15 which I built a prototype of ages ago. It flew well on a 'G'. It was light for its size. I am planning to offer it as a part kit. That is, you get the body tube and the nose cone from Apogee and I provide the canopy, wings, tailplane, chines, decals etc. If anyone is interested it will encourage me to get on with it. I think it could make the basis of a great R/C plane ??
Best wishes to all, Paul

X-15-1:14th.jpg

Yeah, THAT would be pretty cool! In for details (if it makes it to that stage!)

Hi Mid Power fans,
I've been encouraged to post on the forum by the management who have lamented my lack of recent communication. I have been distracted from rocketry for a while now (doing up barns in France etc.) but I haven't lost interest. Some of you may remember the kits I did a while ago under the 'SpaceCraft' label.
My only current project is my 1/14th. X-15 which I built a prototype of ages ago. It flew well on a 'G'. It was light for its size. I am planning to offer it as a part kit. That is, you get the body tube and the nose cone from Apogee and I provide the canopy, wings, tailplane, chines, decals etc. If anyone is interested it will encourage me to get on with it. I think it could make the basis of a great R/C plane ??
Best wishes to all, Paul

Oh Yeah!!

I would buy for sure if the price is within reason.

What is your rtf weight? Does this use bt101 or heavier? Looks like a 4" airframe is that right? Wing area?
Flat plate wings or airfoil?

Frank

Last edited:
Love the X-15. I'd be very excited about a 2.6" to 3" in a heavy wall mid power. Going up to 4" really starts to feel high power to me. Even when I know it's not.

Hi dhBarr,
Thanks for your interest. I will get back to you shortly. At the moment I'm not sure how long it will take to finalise the parts,
or how much they will cost.
Best wishes, Paul

Hi All,
Delighted in the interest you have shown and have just seen I can reply to the thread .....
I will get back to work on the X-15 parts and update you ASAP. At the moment I'm not sure how long it will take to finalise the parts, or how much they will cost. I am also working on a 1/14th. scale drawing.
Best wishes, Paul

Back