L2 ready to go

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AfterBurners

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
20160823_151257.jpg20160823_151239.jpg20160823_151223.jpg20160827_174030.jpg20160827_173959.jpg20160827_173939_HDR.jpg20160827_173835.jpg

RS File: View attachment patriot.rkt

Well my Madcow Patriot is ready for its L2 flight. I'll be sending it up on a J500G-10. I'll post the RS later. It deploys the chute(s) at 0.00 mph. Perfect! Although that depends on the conditions at the tim of launch. I might bring it down on two separate chutes for each section or a 60" flare. Comes in at 5.2 lbs. Anyway I'll be sending it up primer form. If I get half dozen good flights I'll lay some paint down on it.

Last edited:
View attachment 300208View attachment 300209View attachment 300210View attachment 300211

Well my Madcow Patriot is ready for its L2 flight. I'll be sending it up on a J500G-10. I'll post the RS later. It deploys the chute(s) at 0.00 mph. Perfect! Although that depends on the conditions at the tim of launch. I might bring it down on two separate chutes for each section or a 60" flare. Comes in at 5.2 lbs. Anyway I'll be sending it up primer form. If I get half dozen good flights I'll lay some paint down on it.

Good luck!

I'm going to launch it in December. I want to buy the reload and case off WM on the BSS. Just going to bone up on the Q&A fro the exam

If your heart is set on launching in December buying from the BSS sale can be risky. Some of the orders, particularly reloads, can have some lag time. If you are flexable with regard to timeline then go for it.

I like the motor choice too, that one hits real hard off the pad. I've teleported a 6 lb rocket with it.

If your heart is set on launching in December buying from the BSS sale can be risky. Some of the orders, particularly reloads, can have some lag time. If you are flexable with regard to timeline then go for it.

I like the motor choice too, that one hits real hard off the pad. I've teleported a 6 lb rocket with it.

I'm really in no rush...just want to get the L2 on a basic flight and save the more complex rockets as my skills develop. I'm happy with how it turned out. Now I can focus on the written exam.

I'm really in no rush...just want to get the L2 on a basic flight and save the more complex rockets as my skills develop. I'm happy with how it turned out. Now I can focus on the written exam.

You should be happy with how it turned out. Looks like a solid build. Good luck with the exam and flight. I believe you can take the exam a up to a couple months in advance of the flight if you want. One less thing to think about on flight day.

You should be happy with how it turned out. Looks like a solid build. Good luck with the exam and flight. I believe you can take the exam a up to a couple months in advance of the flight if you want. One less thing to think about on flight day.

Actually I just might do that. It has to be at an actual launch correct?

Last edited:
for the NAR lv2 exam, you have up to 1 year to do your cert flight after passing the written test. as to when you can take the test, that would depend on your local club. I was able to take mine prior to a club meeting in an a/c comfort w/o any distracting rockets being flown :).
Rex
p.s. it really isn't that hard.

Back