Nike Apache and Nike Cajun details needed

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salvage-1

Certified
Reaction score
Howdy.
Can any of you possibly point me in the direction of web page or book where I can find some nice schematic details (accurate measurements) for the Nike Cajun and Nike Apache sounding rockets?

I feel the need for a large two stage build.

Thanks

S1

I have a complete PDF file....too large to post.[I tried]

Here's a couple screenshots. Upper stage is spin stabilized.

Screen Shot 2016-08-26 at 9.33.46 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-08-26 at 9.33.13 PM.png

PM me your e-mail and I will send PDF if you wish.

Also if you just Google Nike Apache and go to images there are several detailed drawings:

Screen Shot 2016-08-26 at 9.42.23 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-08-26 at 9.42.37 PM.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you... I had an afternoon attack in which the brain shut off early for the weekend. I was Googling and everything and was just missing what i wanted.

I think that there is / was a book something like "Sounding rockets of the World", but I cant remember the author or the correct name..

yeah... one of those days

---
brain sparked for a moment... or was it that I read something on one of those pic's you posted..
Peter Alway Rockets of the World

Last edited:
Those are two beauts. Charles, the booster section on yours wouldnt happen to be an Estes PSII kit would it (that is our starting point)

Fred, we are looking at doing a smaller one first, but 1/2 scale is SO do-able; that is our goal. Balls 2017.

Yes, a PSII Nike Smoke for the booster. Custom transition drilled through for BT55 coupler from Gordon Agnello/Sandman. BT55/BT60 Apache using a PNC-60NA (iirc) and the old plastic payload bay transition. Top of transition cut open for an avbay with an Eggfinder, an Eggtimer Quantum and 2 2S lipos. Plastic tubing channels down the inside for air starting - but we'll fly as a boosted dart until Cris updates the Quantum to airstart.

Hmm... PSII Nike Smoke to PSII bashed Ventris... semi scale, and i have them in the garage....
although that scale would be better if it were a 4" Nike to the PSII Ventris. Idea.. idea..

Back