QCC Mini

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charles_McG

Ciderwright
Reaction score
I'm finishing up a QCC Explorer downscale - BT20 based with a 13mm motor mount.

I did the intakes out of cardstock. Scanned the original parts before construction. Converted to vectors in Illustrator. Scaled and rearranged into cut out parts - with the decals in place. The fins are cardstock wrapped 1/32" balsa.

The front part of the intakes is a square tube. I didn't take the card thickness into account, so it's not perfectly square - but it's lovely from a distance.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1471947614.055098.jpg
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1471947648.210290.jpg

Charles- your mini builds are great. I'm just surprised you're willing to fly them at Bong in the long grass :)

Did you make a paper wrap for the body tube, or just paint and decal a ready made tube? Looks really awesome, do you have a printable pdf of the fins and intakes?

Paint and decals. Laser printed on the Papilio waterslide stock.

I do have pdfs of the parts and decals. But since it's a currently available kit, I'm reluctant to make them public.

Good point, not sure about forum policy for that. Really nice job on the downscale.

I'm less worried about forum policy and more concerned that Jumpjet sees that I'm inspired by his designs - but not making off with his bosses' IP.

I personally love your little QCC Explorer. Great Job. have you flown it yet?

John Boren

At least twice so far. Last year on an old Centuri B4-3 13mm, and last weekend on an A10-3. Sliced right through 16mph winds. Landed right close by. Just right for a windy day.

Glad you like the mini.

Back