This will test my metal....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last minute as in, on your way to Balls, is not uncommon at all. Just frustrating as all hell.

Dennis

Wow, that is kind of a crap shoot. How often have folks been heading to Balls and been denied by the FAA? I know that projects that make it through TRA L3CC have a very good rate of approval.

Jim, out of curiosity when did you submit to the FAA?

Wow, that is kind of a crap shoot. How often have folks been heading to Balls and been denied by the FAA? I know that projects that make it through TRA L3CC have a very good rate of approval.

Jim, out of curiosity when did you submit to the FAA?

I don't believe a project has been rejected to date. The applications are currently being reviewed by FAA DC. They are reviewed as a group (i.e., doesn't matter when submitted).

Jim

Interesting. Considering each rocket gets a separate approval I find it interesting that they are done as a group.

If they are supposed to be submitted 90 days previous minimum I do not see why they get dealt with so late. Makes no sense to me, but then again the FAA is a government org.

Glad to hear you got a good fit with the epoxy method. Always worrisome to give advice and then have someone actually follow it! I hope the flight is approved and we get to see it at BALLS.

Tony

Glad to hear you got a good fit with the epoxy method. Always worrisome to give advice and then have someone actually follow it! I hope the flight is approved and we get to see it at BALLS.

Tony

The epoxy seems to work fine. The trick was to inject it through the air frame tube into the interface area in several areas around the coupler. Stu's going to wonder what those holes are for.

It is possible that you will be able to see the flight at Balls. Kind of depends on the visibility, as we'll be several miles away from Balls home at least. Of course, pad slaves get a much better view.

Jim

Back