Boyce Aerospace Mercury Capsule

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Cylon Rocketeer

Reaction score
I just finished my 3.9" Mercury- Redstone with the new 3-D printed Boyce Aerospace Hobbies Mercury Capsule

The kit is very well done, printed in off white plastic , i used CA and Epoxy to assemble mine in three pieces, painted the capsule and tower and then epoxied the assemblies together. My only gripe is not enough room for weight in the designated area, i will have to drill out the base to add more

1471901082007.jpg

1471901091085.jpg

1471901099963.jpg

Looks nice indeed! How much work was necessary to prep the capsule for painting, I am getting ready to order two from them one 3.90 and one slightly upscaled and modded for a Mercury Atlas scale build.

All i did was a light wet sand with some 400 grit,
Can you send me any documents you have for the Mercury Atlas? I want to make one too!

All i did was a light wet sand with some 400 grit,
Can you send me any documents you have for the Mercury Atlas? I want to make one too!

I'm using the Loc 5.38 tubing as my main airframe and building it based on the David Weeks drawings which are available again from Real Space Models.

I've been eyeing one of these to replace the capsule on my Neubauer MR. I hand built that tower and am too chicken to launch it. Heck, I built it so long ago, it has 1/4" lugs on it instead of rail buttons. The Boyce 3D capsule would relieve some of my anxiety of flying it (I think)....

Adrian

Alex and Sheree are currently doing a 1/17.5 Mercury Redstone Capsule (aka their 3.90) and a 1/21.8 Mercury Atlas Capsule custom for my 5.38" Loc airframe based Merc Atlas scale model. The sample photos of the custom work that Alex sent me appear to be great and he is also doing the Capsule adapter for me that adapted the Mercury Capsule to the Atlas missle. I thought his prices were quite fair, of course I don't have the products in my hand yet but their (both Boyces') communication via email has been excellent.

Back