clear plastic tubing for CTI 38mm motors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a source for clear plastic tubing that CTI 38mm motors come in? I would like to replace a few that are cracked and would not need the end caps.

I have mesh. Darn Jim you need to be more like me and rat hole everything LOL.

I think they are fluorescent light bulb covers. Check them out at Lowes or Home Depot

Mikey

one could look at 'US Plastic' they carry all sorts of plastic stock, tubing etc.
Rex

Clear cases pre cut with ends at Merlin Missile Solutions.

Are they still in business? A few months ago I bought an ebay special, and it had one of their stickers. I wanted to buy some of their plastic sleeves, and repeated emails and calls got me nowhere. I instead settled for the webbing from rail buttons and never looked back.

Are they still in business? A few months ago I bought an ebay special, and it had one of their stickers. I wanted to buy some of their plastic sleeves, and repeated emails and calls got me nowhere. I instead settled for the webbing from rail buttons and never looked back.
Sounds odd. I just saw him at the Academy Of Model Aeronautics last month for one of our club launches.

Actually had a chance to go to Lowes last night. They had some 3 ft long clear lamp storage tubes that are the same as you get with the CTI 38mm motors for less than 4.00. I bought one and cut it to replace the one that was cracked and still have enough to replace a couple of smaller ones. They are not quite big enough in diameter to hold Aerotech 38 cases with the aft closure but are fine to replace the CTI.

Back