KOSDON 1" NOZZLE THROAT SIZE HELP

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CATO

Reaction score
several years ago I bought a Kosdon 310 motor case and a bunch of reloads from a vendor at LDRS. When I got home there was no nozzle. Vendor had said he had it at the shop. He has yet to find it. It was not Ken just to set it straight.
Does anyone have a nozzle for sale or know the throat size for the 310 case so I can have one made.
Thanks in advance

OK I'm reading that underlined statement in one of 2 ways...

1. To set it straight, it was not Ken.
OR
2. It was not like Ken to just set it straight.

Which one is it? Studying for SAT grammar isn't helping me here. XD

I read it as; Ken was not the vendor he bought the reloads from.
Rex

I was given a used set of Kosdon 1" hardware and a bunch of reloads for them. It looks like the Kosdon 1"/330 case is 19.25" long. I have some of the H-470 reloads..less instructions. I have 4 different diameter nozzles. The largest noz throat is .388. Working with Burnsim and the measurements from the H-470 reload and the stepped cores. That .388 noz would give a Kn 215-306 which sounds reasonable for Kosdon stuff. If you get a hold of Dan to make you a Noz..I'd be willing to send him one to copy.

Tony

View attachment Kosdon_Catalog_2000.pdf

kosdon reloads.jpg

oneinchkosdon.jpg

I own a 1.0-40 complete motor. IIRC, all components are identical between them, so I could simply clone the nozzle with a larger throat. 0.388" is kinda weird, as it's a non-standard drill size. Looks to be a "W" sized bit, which I believe I have.

I'm guessing it started life out as .375 and got stretched out to .388 lots of H-470 will do that.

Tony

Back