NEW at MAC Performance Rocketry

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
playing with a guesstimate sim I'm really liking the numbers here. I200W's should put the single over a mile, and the larger 38's should cleanly pass 10K and M1 on the dual. :)

So I am officially a MAC customer. Yesterday I opened a box containing my 54mm single deploy Scorpion. For the folks that are on the fence about these kits, don't be. They are even nicer than what people say. The canvas is really interesting material. It feels lighter than fiberglass (I don't have a scale so subjectivity is all you are gonna get from me) and the texture seems like it will take paint well. I don't plan on doing a build thread mostly because I am going to throw it together so I can take it to this weekends launch. I might take a picture or two along the way though. My favorite part of the kit? It's hard to say. The fins are super sweet, the bevel is damn near sharp enough to shave. The forward centering ring with the integral shock cord mount is pretty cool too but the stepped end cap for the payload bulkhead is too cool. It's the little details make these kits a must buy.

So I am officially a MAC customer. Yesterday I opened a box containing my 54mm single deploy Scorpion. For the folks that are on the fence about these kits, don't be. They are even nicer than what people say. The canvas is really interesting material. It feels lighter than fiberglass (I don't have a scale so subjectivity is all you are gonna get from me) and the texture seems like it will take paint well. I don't plan on doing a build thread mostly because I am going to throw it together so I can take it to this weekends launch. I might take a picture or two along the way though. My favorite part of the kit? It's hard to say. The fins are super sweet, the bevel is damn near sharp enough to shave. The forward centering ring with the integral shock cord mount is pretty cool too but the stepped end cap for the payload bulkhead is too cool. It's the little details make these kits a must buy.

You've won over another one, Mike. :wink:

Back