Midwest Power 14

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too..
I'd love to see these...
I sure hope I don't miss em...

Teddy

Best part about being LCO all weekend... I see every flight. I won't miss a thing. Except when I have to pee. But, as a teacher, I've got a bladder like a champ...

I am mentoring the kids from Missouri S&T for their L1 certifications, all 34 of them! Add 5 L2's as well and that will keep me busy on Saturday for certain I will get my flights on Friday and Sunday
What are we flying.....
Well, Chelsea is flying her 4" stretched Punisher for L3 on Saturday (?) Still waiting on her final decision for motor
4-inch Vindicator on a K1103.
Shape Shifter junior on something J
Reptar on J540 RedLine (compliments of SMR)
I recently rebuilt the Gizmoooo that we picked up from Eric C a couple of years ago. Going to try for a better "down" this time with a K445! Both of these will be using JL's Chute Release.
And one last surprise for Chelsea. She may be reading this so I can't reveal just yet. A little something I worked on over the summer when she wasn't looking.....
I don't know that we will fly all of them but that is what we are bringing.
Kyle, if you are reading this post some pictures of Split Decision.
Jill, if YOU are reading this please do the same with your latest creation.
See you all in 10 days!
Wait, is that right? Only 10 days? I need to get busy with lists, motors, packing gear, digging out tents....
Later
Thought I would add a pic of the Gizmoooo.
Gizmooo.jpg

Last edited:
If you planning on attending MWP 14, you've only got a couple of days to pre-register! Pre-registration closes end of day on Friday. You can still register on site but fees increase to $50

RandyL

I am mentoring the kids from Missouri S&T for their L1 certifications, all 34 of them!

Uhh..holy crap! are they doing these flights all at once?! If it's a NAR L1- let me know- I can help you out.

Uhh..holy crap! are they doing these flights all at once?! If it's a NAR L1- let me know- I can help you out.

Same here. I have two flights, so I think I can find time for a few L1's. Send me a PM if you need me to take a few off your hands.

-Mike

Same here. I have two flights, so I think I can find time for a few L1's. Send me a PM if you need me to take a few off your hands.

-Mike

Ditto for me too. I can sign off on a few. I think I'm working LCO or RSO most of the weekend, so I should be able to witness several.

Adrian

Thanks to all for the offers of support. They are all TRA and have one prefect and one TAP lined up already.
This is their fourth year and they have a good system. Load an entire rack and launch one at a time. They should get through all flights in 4 salvos.
imagine that, college kids working efficiently!
See you all in 9 days!

W:surprised:W! 159 preregistered fliers already (as of a few moments ago)... Suspiciously though one name is missing.

Who could that be? :rolleyes:

Jim?

Jim! :D

I know your in Ohio right now...I know your with the girlfriend right now...Don't make me come over there and, Shanghai your a-...

For God's sake man, drop the View attachment 304057 Dude and, come to the gathering of the tribes and, play with all of us in the great pasture of misfit toys...:grin:

I know you can do this, lets make it an even 160 today!

W:surprised:W! 159 preregistered fliers already (as of a few moments ago)... Suspiciously though one name is missing.

Who could that be? :rolleyes:

Jim?

Jim! :D

I know your in Ohio right now...I know your with the girlfriend right now...Don't make me come over there and, Shanghai your a-...

For God's sake man, drop the View attachment 304057 Dude and, come to the gathering of the tribes and, play with all of us in the great pasture of misfit toys...:grin:

I know you can do this, lets make it an even 160 today!
Gus, I hate to break it to you, but Jim's in his house right now. ;) Thanks to facebook for telling me that. :D :neener:

Jim:confused: Matt just used "ultra technology" to inform me that you might be home right now...

IF you see this, give me a call on my *landline*...

I just checked the string tension on my soup can and, everything appears to be in working order.

I LOVE you man! (Said in a very platonic way...) :eek:

Well between a rock and a hard place with my unfolding business schedule this week. With travel, looks like I can't make it home to Indiana to prep/pack/haul round trip back up to Princeton. Well, I could but it I'd only be there Sunday. I think I'll opt to show up sans rockets and enjoy the event as a spectator. Good news I guess is I filled a few more spots on the volunteer list.

Tim,

I hope you are still in the Drag Race. Bring that thing as is and we can get it ready on site if needed. Glad you can still make the trip even if just for a limited time.

Bring that thing as is and we can get it ready on site if needed.

Don't do it Tim! You'll just be enabling Jason's sick desire to make a 9 fin rocket.

Seriously tho- thanks Jason for helping Tim out.

Tim,

I hope you are still in the Drag Race. Bring that thing as is and we can get it ready on site if needed. Glad you can still make the trip even if just for a limited time.

I was thinking that... Just leaving the Demon and my prep box in the trunk of the Cadillac at O'Hare for the week. I'll have to look at what I'd have to throw in the trunk tomorrow night.

I was thinking that... Just leaving the Demon and my prep box in the trunk of the Cadillac at O'Hare for the week. I'll have to look at what I'd have to throw in the trunk tomorrow night.

Better yet, I'll meet you at O'Hare and grab it from you. I'll make you some charges and get it started for you!

Jim:confused: Matt just used "ultra technology" to inform me that you might be home right now...

IF you see this, give me a call on my *landline*...

I just checked the string tension on my soup can and, everything appears to be in working order.

I LOVE you man! (Said in a very platonic way...) :eek:

Ha Ha- Kinda funny...

You know how many Jim's there are on "ultra technology" FB.... a lot probably, anyway-

Here's a picture of my wife Sherryl at last years launch just after her L1 cert. She's studying the test now and hopes to cert L2 next weekend with same rocket.

It would be kinda CRAZY if this same guy photo-bombs her again this year :y:

2015-11-01 13.43.35.jpg

Well between a rock and a hard place with my unfolding business schedule this week. With travel, looks like I can't make it home to Indiana to prep/pack/haul round trip back up to Princeton. Well, I could but it I'd only be there Sunday. I think I'll opt to show up sans rockets and enjoy the event as a spectator. Good news I guess is I filled a few more spots on the volunteer list.

I remember several years ago at my very first MWP - #9 I think it was - an awesome Green Alien night rocket. I'm pretty sure that was yours. I think night rockets are cool! I'm building SEVERAL for this year. Of course none of mine will be as awesome as that Green Alien, but I'm going for QUANTITY over quality.

If you are there Saturday night, and you don't have a night rocket to launch, I would be honored if you would launch one of mine. :)

Capture.PNG

I remember several years ago at my very first MWP - #9 I think it was - an awesome Green Alien night rocket. I'm pretty sure that was yours. I think night rockets are cool! I'm building SEVERAL for this year. Of course none of mine will be as awesome as that Green Alien, but I'm going for QUANTITY over quality.

If you are there Saturday night, and you don't have a night rocket to launch, I would be honored if you would launch one of mine. :)

Yep, that's mine! Since sold to a gentleman in on the East Coast. :)

Thanks to all for the offers of support. They are all TRA and have one prefect and one TAP lined up already.
This is their fourth year and they have a good system. Load an entire rack and launch one at a time. They should get through all flights in 4 salvos.
imagine that, college kids working efficiently!
See you all in 9 days!

Yea, I remember signing off on about 15 of these last year. I believe most were skids!

Back