Midwest Power 14

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I signed up for as much as I can. I'll have my kids with me on Saturday, so I won't be able to help out until the Mrs. comes down for the launch.

OK,, I'm chalked up on the volunteer board...
My wife Sandy is doing the registration desk and I'll be at the RSO table with my buddy Jim S...lol...

It looked like they need more help for all of the shifts at the registration table...
Comon folks,, chime in on this,, this is too big of a launch with too many attending for this to be tight...
Let's show em how rocketeers help out each other.....

Teddy

You're the best Teddy. Registration could DEFINITELY use some help. Historically, there have been 2 (very efficient) ladies at the booth the entire weekend. This year (and last) we are down to one. It is not fair that she gets stuck there alone the entire launch. Thank you for the help Sandra!

I just went on the website and it seems to be working fine. Thank you to everyone who is stepping up. Definitely get those college kids involved. They make great pad managers and they will get to see all the cool flights before they fly. I think every student should run a shift as a right of passage!!

Agreed. My first MWP, I did pad manager for all Saturday. I learned tons! Learned all about DD, asked a bunch of questions, met some amazing people. Best learning experience hands down. Got to help some really cool projects, too!

Agreed. My first MWP, I did pad manager for all Saturday. I learned tons! Learned all about DD, asked a bunch of questions, met some amazing people. Best learning experience hands down. Got to help some really cool projects, too!

And now all you do at the pads is sabotage Sather's igniter wires :)

Registered- check
Renew QCRS membership -check
Banquet ticket - check
Volunteer for setup & take down - check
Pad Manager Volunteer - check
Remind Griffin to bring stuff from last years event ( last minute business trip)- check doing this now
Plan more flights than I can possibly get in- check
Hotel reservations - oops better get that done
Surplus of cash- collecting cans on side of road currently- 1/16 of a check

It will be great to get back after missing last year. Whether working as a volunteer, flying my own stuff, helping some friends fly stuff, or just talking with some great people- I'm looking forward to a fantastic time.

Today was supposed to be the day I prep my rockets... I only need to prep my Demon and my night flight. Instead, I'm doing chess again... Let's see if I can squeeze out some time in the next two weeks...

Today was supposed to be the day I prep my rockets... I only need to prep my Demon and my night flight. Instead, I'm doing chess again... Let's see if I can squeeze out some time in the next two weeks...

I still have rockets to finish building, motors to make, and rockets to prep :)

Finished up another one today. 5.5" Polecat Skeeter. Easy build so was able to squeeze it in.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1477180402.162306.jpg

It looked like they need more help for all of the shifts at the registration table...
Comon folks,, chime in on this,, this is too big of a launch with too many attending for this to be tight...
Let's show em how rocketeers help out each other.....

Teddy

Done. Tricia grabbed a couple shifts as well.

WOW!!

Thanks again to everyone that has filled in a spot or two. It really takes a load off the organizers chest when we see the help we're getting ahead of time.

Looking forward to another great launch! See you all soon.

Another oldie, but goodie ready for MWP14... A BSD Rocketry Canadian Sprint.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1477281106.205541.jpg

And wouldn't normally have applied this, but paying homage to rocketry history and the super high quality decals provided with the kit.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1477281251.169601.jpg

How about posting what everyone plans on flying?

Upscale QCC explorer - M1939W Saturday

Loc Magnum - K711 possible airstart some 29's

Mac Performance 4" QCC explorer K445

Mac Firestick XL - J449

JF 3" - I-180

Many other MPR if time permits

A random collection of thoughts:

-Russ, will be good to see you again! Will be good to see everyone again for that matter!
-Tim: like the new additions! Really, really like the new 5.5" Skeeter! That turned out great...I've been eyeing up that kit for quite some time.
-Griffin: will help out with a range shift or two as possible. Have 4 L3 attempts to TAP, plus I'll have my boys with me and no wife along to watch them when I'm busy, so it's tough to sign up for shifts right now. Can only make Sat-Sun as I have to work and the kids have school. Can't wait to see everybody regardless!
-Nick: I like the lineup! Love the big QCC and a M1939W! Will be good to see the Firestick all de-treed and flying again.

Planned Flights (well I'm bringing the following, we'll see what actually gets flown). Truly nothing overly new or exceptionally exciting....just looking forward to spending the weekend with rocket buddies, the kiddos, and watching a whole bunch of great L3 attempts and other outstanding flights!

-Loc Bruiser: making it's return to Princeton for the first time since it spent the winter of 2013 there: Aerotech M1075 Dark Matter or KBA M1450W
-Loc Magnum: 'cause who doesn't love a Magnum? 10th flight will be either: CTI L395 Mellow (yes the rocket is light enough) or Kosdon L585 Dirty Harry
-Green Mamba (4" Air-X Delmar): Sconnie 75-6G M1500 white
-Mini Green Mamba (2.2" downscale): son Brandon's new rocket for MWP14, maybe an H144W
-RW Scarab 54 (2.2"): son Cody's new rocket for MWP14: maybe a G69 Skid
-Loc Top Gun: hasn't flown in probably 20 years...not mine originally, but restoring to life: 54-4G K520W drag race with my Dad's Top Gun

Like Eric Cz and Glen, I'm behind schedule....this has been an exceptionally crazy year, hope to get some time to get stuff ready...like NOW! Otherwise, can't wait!

-Eric-

I really feel guilty that I'm not signing myself up for more shifts...
I'm super grateful that my wife Sandy is able to help out...
It's going to be a really busy weekend,,
My buddy Fred T mans my table when I go out to get a flight in
and everytime I come back he's having a 90% off sale on everything in stock,, lol...
I hope to get one flight in the whole weekend..
My scratch all glass "Europa Express"..
It's a 3" airframe with 2 -- 38mm outboard motor mounts...
It'll be going up on a Loki Research L 1040 LR,,
That's a 3.6 second burn,, the rocket will be about 18 or 20 lbs on the pad,,
so I figure I'll set the Marsa 54L to light the 2-- Aerotech I 225 FJ's at about 6 seconds off the pad.........

Cross your fingers for me,, lol...

Teddy

uhh.. EX H motors with different propellants (pitch black, not so wimpy, maybe red sparky, maybe green) on my Wildman Interceptor 54
J465 Pitch black on my darkstar 2.6
J464 Purple on my darkstar 2.6
I327 DM on my Vindicator Jr (still needs finished building)
H550ST on my WM saab 54 (if I have time)
Some smaller stuff, if I have time

If i get the two stager done.. maybe, but I'd rather be slow and do it right, than try to rush and get it done poorly.

Ultimate Wildman...EX 98/11000 M2500 Sparky
Intimidator 5...EX 75/7600 M1900 Sparky
Competitor 5...EX 75/6000 M1250 White Willie
Dominator 4...EX 75/6000 M1600 Redneck
Interceptor 98...AMW 75/3500 L900 Red Rhino
5in Jart...AMW 75/2500 K600 White Wolf
4in Broken Arrow...EX 54/2550 K1000 Sparky

Hopefully get to fly em all, hoping for good weather!

Preston

If anyone out there hasn't seen one of Preston's sparkie motors, pay attention to these flights. He has made a sparkie motor that puts all commercial manufacturers to shame. They are as good if not better that the original AMW motors.

#cantwait

If anyone out there hasn't seen one of Preston's sparkie motors, pay attention to these flights. He has made a sparkie motor that puts all commercial manufacturers to shame. They are as good if not better that the original AMW motors.

Seconded- he flew a pretty sweet one at Bong last month.. can't wait to see these go up!

#cantwait

Can't wait to see that! I'm hoping to look into to the Roll your own journey

If anyone out there hasn't seen one of Preston's sparkie motors, pay attention to these flights. He has made a sparkie motor that puts all commercial manufacturers to shame. They are as good if not better that the original AMW motors. #cantwait

Pretty much- "Right as rain Dude..." :point: I've even been the recipient of one of his test motors! ;)

Plans are as follows.

Show up Friday morning and, check in. Start looking for any and, all of my planned L-2 and, L-3 attempts that weekend. Eat a few Twinkies, Smoke alot of cigarettes and, down some Mountain Dews. Tell alot of dirty jokes to anyone over the age of 18. Retire to Wiseguys Bar and, Grill for one of the best Reuben Sandwiches east of the Mississippi River. Head back to my cage at the Super 8 motel and, call it a day.

Saturday- Start watching Cert flights, grade some tests...spend alot of time writing my name on some peoples paperwork...Eat alot of Twinkies, Smoke and, drink alot of Mtn. Dew...Hit up the Prime Quarter for a MONSTER STEAK and, head back to the night launch. Eat some Cobbler. Help the Sager family in any way with their night rocket...launch a boatload of Chinese Skylanterns after the launch...Head back to my cage.

Sunday- MY DAY...:D Warm up the sky with my newest rocket- GREEN EGGS and, SCRAM! A 29mm minimum dia. two stagger flying on a CTI I-243 White to another I-243 White. Expecting around 12k but, i'll take 10k with getting it back.
Get back to the pits and, pull out SCOOTER AND RED DOG my two Wildman Extremes hooked together and, shove a CTI L-3200 V-Max up one hole and, a CTI L-2375 White Thunder in the other. Proven many times to be a combination good for 14-14.5k.

Spend the day working with Sabrina on the finer points of gap staging and, fire in the hole style staging...Smoke alot less cigarettes around the kid.

:eek: NO one does "Fire in the hole staging"!
I do-

:eek: Name a rocket that ever did that!
The Titan 2...

:eek: Your an old Air Force Missileer aren't you?
Damn straight i was...We don't die we just fad away.

Leave town with alot of great memories and, hopefully teach my young *Mentee* :dark: something while giving Justin some awesome footage for the You-Tube video that he will put out.

Last edited:

#cantwait

Me too..
I'd love to see these...
I sure hope I don't miss em...

Teddy

hey how are you Troy..
I’m goin ta bed to torture San,,
she’s talkin a lota **** s not true,,
says I snore like an overweight sasquatch with sleep apnea..
s not true,, so I prop myself up next to her head jus to check...
she’s like a snore warning alarm system....

Most of you know what Scooter and Red Dog looks like....

Here's the new one-View attachment 303880

10#'s of #%@& in a 5# box...:grin:

Can't wait to see this flight! Who said teleportation hasn't been discovered.

I'll be flying as many as I can on Sun as well since I don't get to launches very often.

GRIFFIN - I'm available to help load and clean up Sunday after the launch.

Back