Midwest Power 14

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wire strippers- i'm always forgetting to strip my ignitor wires, and end up doing it with my teeth at the launch pad.

small multimeter? Tracker batteries? 9v batteries?

screws that fit into the missileworks screw switches, for those people who accidentally unthread them all the way and then have them fall to who knows where..:facepalm:

spare igniters.... spare igniters.... did i say... spare igniters? also for those flying long motors, don't forget the dowels to hold your igniters up with!

wire strippers- i'm always forgetting to strip my ignitor wires, and end up doing it with my teeth at the launch pad.

screws that fit into the missileworks screw switches, for those people who accidentally unthread them all the way and then have them fall to who knows where..:facepalm:

Don't you "strip 'em" before you "arrive" at MWP?:wink: Kurt

Guys, this is 2016! We must now call them "exotic dancers"

Strippers is so 2015

Eh... Shouldn't you be getting in the practice of stripping your igniters and then twisting the leads prior to inserting them into the motor?

Eh... Shouldn't you be getting in the practice of stripping your igniters and then twisting the leads prior to inserting them into the motor?

^^^THIS^^^

You guys sound like you are planning on showing up without anything and counting on Erik to be your "pit-bitch"
LOL!!!

Hey Erik, can you bring an EZ up in case I forget mine? Maybe a spare chair?

You know what, I'm just going to bring my rocket, you can help me out with everything else, right?

Hey Erik, can you bring an EZ up in case I forget mine? Maybe a spare chair?

You know what, I'm just going to bring my rocket, you can help me out with everything else, right?

Sure. How about tent stakes to keep it down?
Maybe if I help you prep, it'll end up with quicklinks firmly attached...... ;-)

Maybe if I help you prep, it'll end up with quicklinks firmly attached...... ;-)

No prepping until you've cleaned up my ignitor wires and picked up all the used dog barf on the ground! Hop to it!

Jason- have we had any confirmation that Terry Smemo will be at the launch? His presence at the LCO is always enjoyable.

TICK TOK TOCK TOK!!

Time is running out for early registration. T-shirt sales end this Saturday. Just another reminder to get signed up and claim a shirt.

TICK TOK TOCK TOK!!

Time is running out for early registration. T-shirt sales end this Saturday. Just another reminder to get signed up and claim a shirt.

Website banner says:

Important Dates:
Oct 21 - Last day to Order T-Shirts
Oct 28 - Last Day to Preregister

Website banner says:

Important Dates:
Oct 21 - Last day to Order T-Shirts
Oct 28 - Last Day to Preregister

Thank you for that. I will have to make a change. The shirt deadline is this Sunday at midnight. I have to get the final count to the printer on Monday.

Thank you for that. I will have to make a change. The shirt deadline is this Sunday at midnight. I have to get the final count to the printer on Monday.

Not quite midnight and online ordering is closed.
Bummer, my daughter wanted a few for her and some friends from school.

There will be shirts available at the field. Just not in the numbers we've had in years past. If you missed pre order and hope to pick one up on Sunday.....

"May the odds be ever in your favor"

And now for something completely different...

We have reservations at the EconoLodge. $56.99/night + tax for Thursday thru Saturday nights (3 Nov thru 5 Nov). My wife prefers the AmericInn, so she was on the waiting list for a room there as well. Convention of some sort (other than us) in Princeton that weekend, so rooms might be tough to find on short notice. AmericInn called today and gave (sold) us a room for the same period. Before we cancel the reservation at the EconoLodge and open it to the general population, we thought we would poll the membership and see if anyone wants it.

Sather

Folks, I've been involved one way or another with a bunch of Midwest Powers over the years. One of the things you might not realize is that there is a very small core of guys (and gals) who have already donated dozens and dozens of hours of their time getting everything ready so that flyers from all over the country can come and fly on one of the finest launch sites in the country. This same core of folks will work their collective asses off making sure the launch runs as seamlessly and safely as we can possibly make it. BTW, pay attention to how many flights these people will put up! A real busy flyer out of this group will fly twice during the event and those rockets will either be prepped at sunup before the range opens or late at night.

Here's the rub! We can't do it alone! We have done our share (and then some). It's time for everyone else to step up! I just looked at the volunteer section of the Midwest Power page and it is less than 40% filled.

So. . . one of two things need to happen. One, if you are coming, go NOW to the webpage and volunteer for a couple of shifts over the three days. If that doesn't happen, depending on available help, we either will shut down half the range making for long wait times or we will shut down the range completely until help can be rounded up. I'm not going to kill my longtime rocket friends by asking them to work every hour of every day. Several of us have done that and it's getting no fun.

The choice is yours! What do you want to do?

(Thanks Bob)

Jim,

Didn't go unnoticed. 😉

We really appreciate your contribution. I'm gunna put a little pressure on you this year though. pad assignment will be made at the RSO table and motor size/combo will dictate pad.

And heck, you might even have to tell a flier "nope! go see Jason if you think your flying that". LOL!!

Thanks again, Jim. Always nice to have the help. Looking forward to seeing you there.

Folks, I've been involved one way or another with a bunch of Midwest Powers over the years. One of the things you might not realize is that there is a very small core of guys (and gals) who have already donated dozens and dozens of hours of their time getting everything ready so that flyers from all over the country can come and fly on one of the finest launch sites in the country. This same core of folks will work their collective asses off making sure the launch runs as seamlessly and safely as we can possibly make it. BTW, pay attention to how many flights these people will put up! A real busy flyer out of this group will fly twice during the event and those rockets will either be prepped at sunup before the range opens or late at night.

Here's the rub! We can't do it alone! We have done our share (and then some). It's time for everyone else to step up! I just looked at the volunteer section of the Midwest Power page and it is less than 40% filled.

So. . . one of two things need to happen. One, if you are coming, go NOW to the webpage and volunteer for a couple of shifts over the three days. If that doesn't happen, depending on available help, we either will shut down half the range making for long wait times or we will shut down the range completely until help can be rounded up. I'm not going to kill my longtime rocket friends by asking them to work every hour of every day. Several of us have done that and it's getting no fun.

The choice is yours! What do you want to do?

(Thanks Bob)
Hmmm!!
Well said!

Folks, big launches don't just happen. It takes hours and hours before, during, and after the launch to pull one of these off. Most (all?) clubs can't or won't do it all by themselves. They need help from everyone attending to run the launch safely.
It's real easy, if you are going to attend, sign up for a shift or two. Launch organizers not only really appreciate those who help but note those who never pitch in to help. Organizers will bend over backwards to accommodate those who help. Those who don't . . . well . . . . maybe.

I am signed up for 3 shifts as well.
I just reached out to some of our younger flyers form MO to get them on board as well. While checking for openings I noticed the link seems to be broken.
Just wanted someone to know.
Tom

My Ground Support Team (Wife) signed up for registration. She is MUCH better looking than me.

I just went on the website and it seems to be working fine. Thank you to everyone who is stepping up. Definitely get those college kids involved. They make great pad managers and they will get to see all the cool flights before they fly. I think every student should run a shift as a right of passage!!

I've signed up for one shift for now... I'm not sure what my weekend holds just yet so I want to give myself a little leeway in case things don't work in my favor etc.

I figure if I find I have more time, I'll come find whoever and see where they need me.

-Mike

Back