Midwest Power 14

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll film here and there where time allows. There will be no formal production. Might just post what is noteworthy on Youtube...

I'll film here and there where time allows. There will be no formal production. Might just post what is noteworthy on Youtube...

Thank you so much Justin,,,
You don't even get to fly much if at all
because you're always manning the camera...
That's quite selfless of you and I thank you greatly...

Teddy

Thank you so much Justin,,,
You don't even get to fly much if at all
because you're always manning the camera...
That's quite selfless of you and I thank you greatly...

Teddy

I agree Teddy. Justin does give up a lot of time to video the rest of us having fun. His effort is greatly appreciated!

I agree Teddy. Justin does give up a lot of time to video the rest of us having fun. His effort is greatly appreciated!

Yep,, that's right Ryan,,
The last MWP I don't think Justin got a single flight in
but he was there the entire weekend...
Jim S also,,
He drove his tractor a long, long way to be at MWP,,
he was there the entire weekend at the RSO desk,,
he also didn't get a single flight in....

No kidding,,,
I'd like to show my appreciation,,,
Both of you please come to my table at the launch....

Teddy

Last edited:
Wildman Hobbies and Aerotech have gotten together to bring you the MWP 14 Drag Race.
A Demon 98 including the new filament wound nose cone and the Aeropack retainer flying on a new Aerotech K Dark Matter reload for the 54/2800 hardware plus you get the hardware .
All of that at regular price is $695.00
for the drag its only $400.00
If you already have the rocket the reload and hardware will cost you $230.00
This deal is only for participants in the MWP 14 drag race

I'm in!!! Now I gotta build the darn thing!!! :facepalm:

Yup...

Sounds like a sweet deal Tim! I already have a Demon, but I do have a question. Is there any way of getting one of those new FWFG nosecones to replace the one I have now?

Yeah, good question...

I'm in. Just reload and hardware please.

Me too!!!

I'll film it. :)

Thanks a LOT!!!

Adrian

Nick, will be good to see you at MWP, and to see your L3 flight. Looking forward to it.

Thanks Gary, it will be good to see you, didn't get a chance to talk to you at 3 Oaks.

Justin, hope you get to fly some too!

Registration is open and the volunteer sign up is up and operational. Let's keep this thread going with out the typical Midwest Power drama. I'm looking forward to the launch the way I looked forward to Christmas as a kid!

Reminder-

All 2 stage flights need to be RSO'd by one of the members and pre-approved through the prefect. Please send e-mail to prefect (at) QCRS (dot) us
We have a standing 25,000 foot waiver.

1. Oh great! :eyeroll: Another darn Rocket Launch i have to register for...again...;)
2. Drama? What drama? :rolleyes:
3. Can i fly my N 10,000 to an N 10,000 "High Speed Shredding Test Vehicle" this year? :lol:
4. Who's the Prefect? You? Oh boy...i'm screwed! :jaw:

NAR people can fly there right? If so, any NAR people going that can witness an L1 cert flight?

Technically anyone who "Squats to Pee" can fly as long as they hold a valid Certification within NAR...
(don't take that personally, its just an old joke...some peoples are in on....) Everyone is ALWAYS welcome at QCRS.

Done and done. Looking forward to a great MWP this year. I'll be flying my first Night Flight this year...

Be different Eric! Slather that thing in pyro jelly and, borrow Goeb's "flashpan ignition system" this year.

"Everything was going well, until Eric's rocket landed in some dry corn stubble a mile away...that was the night launch we will NEVER forget!" :eek:

Kids fly for free. We have always allowed kids to fly free. But everyone else, needs to be Tripoli or NAR.

"IF" i act like a kid, can i still fly for free? :p

Oh my god I just pee'd myself laughing!!!

That happens from time to time....Just never trust a fart over the age of 40...Don't ask me how i know. :facepalm:

Wildman Hobbies and Aerotech have gotten together to bring you the MWP 14 Drag Race.
A Demon 98 including the new filament wound nose cone and the Aeropack retainer flying on a new Aerotech K Dark Matter reload for the 54/2800 hardware plus you get the hardware .
All of that at regular price is $695.00
for the drag its only $400.00
If you already have the rocket the reload and hardware will cost you $230.00
This deal is only for participants in the MWP 14 drag race

That's neat...:yawn:

Soooooo....what are we trying to accomplish here:confused:

1. Highest altitude?
2. Fastest Speed?
3. Closest to pad?
4. First to hit the Wildman trailer/Motorhome?
5. Lucrative GIFT CERTIFICATES for prizes?

I have too know, is it worth it to build/fly and, whup all your proverbial a$$e$? :lol:

I'm in. Just reload and hardware please.

Second place is FIRST LOSER Dixie...:mad:

I'll film it. :)

Humble Thank-you as always Justin...

That will work...

No kidding,,,
Both of you please come to my table at the launch....TEDDY

Everyone get your ZIKA virus shots! Teddy's coming in from "Jerzey"! ;)

I'm in!!! Now I gotta build the darn thing!!!:facepalm:

Third place is SECOND LOSER..."Green Jeans"....:mad:

Ya know,,
There are some things in life you'd think by now I'd know better then to ask...

I can't freakin help it....

What's a ZIKA ???

Teddy

Oh,,
And if you ask Grif,,
it's Juyzey,, lol..

Jim C also,,

No kidding,,,

Teddy

That would be Jim S!!!

And to be painfully honest, I only drove from Tractor Supply in Princeton, seeing as I delivered there the previous day!!

As always Teddy, Thanks for everything.

Hey Grif, seeing as I will repeat as RSO (If you will have me), how about a spot to park so I dont have to walk that mile!!

Mine is already built, hasn't been flown yet though. I'm hoping to make it to MWP to have the maiden! Going to depend on work. ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1471127163.610604.jpg

Because I won't be attending any launches with a high enough waiver before then. Lol

You can fly it on a 54-3 grain to about 4500 or so... LoL, just sayin. Looking forward to seeing you at MWP either way.

Oh Lord...:eek: cleanse thy body and, soul of thy Demon for its impending battle with thy entity :)p) known only as thy Evil. :headbang:

Or-

Prepare it for the butt whuppin it's about ready too receive...:w:

Muhahahaha! :D

Yeah, it's a baptism, that's it!

Jim S also,,

No kidding,,,

Teddy

Jim,
I don't know what you're talking about..
That's my story and I'm stickin to it...lol...

Teddy

To clear up any confusion.....Midwest Power has a 16,000' MSL waiver. This means we have a fly-able airspace of just over 15,000 feet (Princeton is about 700' ASL) We do NOT have a 25,000' waiver, nor do we have windows of higher altitude. Please plan your flights around these numbers.

Wildman Tim- how about a drag race for people who don't have their L1/L2 yet? My suggestion is the Demon sport, with a red motor. Personal preference is the CTI G54-RMB :) I know I don't have any clout, but I figured I'd ask :)

Even better- AT is supposed to be coming out with a red load for the 29/40-120 case. Maybe you could get a deal? :)

Whoa... The red for 29/40-120 would be amazing! Weren't there rumors of a small sparky load in the hobby case, too? How awesome would that be... That's entering "Shut up and take my money" territory...

Wildman Tim- how about a drag race for people who don't have their L1/L2 yet? My suggestion is the Demon sport, with a red motor. Personal preference is the CTI G54-RMB :) I know I don't have any clout, but I figured I'd ask :)
you have plenty of clout don't you already have your L2 ?
The G54 would be great but we have the availability problem right now.

Hey Tim, will there be any way of getting one of those new FWFG nose cones for my Demon?

Back