Midwest Power 14

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crap, realized I cant be there. Going to Rugby weekend tickets instead.

Looking forward to MWP. Instead of bringing the entire fleet as I usually do with hopes of flying everything (and disappointing myself every time), I'm focusing on a select few.

3" Last Call on a Loki L1040R (or a K830, depending)
4" Scratchbuilt bird on a M1297 or something similar if I can find one for MWP...
7.5" WAC Corporal on a Loki M3464 or something similar if things work out.

I'd like to fly my Screech and Wild Child, but we'll see what the timing holds.

I will be there. Looking forward to seeing you guys again. And I promise not to be finishing my rocket mid launch this time! Oh, I'll be in on the drag race too.

Just cause you're still newish... You know about "the dress", right?

Um... No?

Crap, realized I cant be there. Going to Rugby weekend tickets instead.

Thanks, Erik. Just scared another one out of the "Drag" race.

Stop that.
You're scaring the children!

Children?? Heck! He's scaring the adults...
Where's uncle Gus at? He hasn't been here lately to keep all this riff raff in check (or make a major contribution to it...)

Adrian

Last edited:
Looks like I will be going. have to bring a couple gifts but no rolling rocket shop (sorry). But the rocker r&d Brutuski and Polish thunder III may show up

Please tell me that "Polish Thunder" has a parachute that looks like a pierogi!

Let's keep this thread going with out the typical Midwest Power drama.

"Not as long as i'm breathing and, able to stand upright..." :lol:

Just cause you're still newish... You know about "the dress", right?

Everyone KNOWS about the dress...Heck even i've worn it- It IS rather refreshing and, well ventilated but, could use a GOOD WASHING for G*ds Sake! :surprised:

Thanks, Erik. Just scared another one out of the "Drag" race.

Somebody kick out his igniter wire when your all walking back to the flight line before the Drag Race... ;)

I'm not so sure... I think I'd look pretty frickin sexy in a dress...

Just remember when they take your picture, that it will add 10 MORE pounds to your pre-imagined image of your lovely self. :(

I thought you liked them hairy... More texture that way...
I'd better stop now before someone who doesn't know me gets the wrong idea...

Hairy self....NOT....NOT looking forward to that trainwreck happening...You better win. :no:

Children?? Heck! He's scaring the adults...
Where's uncle Gus at? He hasn't been here lately to keep all this riff raff in check (or make a major contribution to it...)

Adrian

Oh.........

I'm STILL here, very busy little Gusser....Busy with MANY non-rocket related stuffage's....

I still keep an eye on you Green Jeans....

Found some really cute toe nail polish at Dollar General yesterday...John Deere Green and, John Deere Yellow...

I'll deliver it to the RSO table on Friday morning.

Red and white chute. I may run nos through Polish sausages

VERY SPECIAL THANKS to this man here :point: for taking me to see Ace Frehley in concert in Indy last week...With VIP tickets too boot! :headbang:
Never was a KISS fan but, love to listen to THAT "Man" make a Les Paul sing...

Oh yah, Bob? My ears STILL didn't ring the next day....

Call it "Battle Hardened" ;)

Another thought-

Thank-you to the person who shall remain anonymous for contacting me that this thread was still going...

Sorry, i didn't pick up my phone but, then i heard "Wabble Wabble Wah"...

Which means i have a Voice mail-

Because if i had thought that registering as a Democrat (at that time) 30 years ago would get me so bent out of shape (today) with "Phone Calls"....:mad:

Well.....

Wabble Wabble Wah...

Yeah, everyone's at Airfest with the best weather in years. And me, trying to follow doctors orders back here in the 90% humidity of the Midwest. Only consolation, is this weekend gave me some time to get closer to filling out the MWP14 fleet. Just a dull coat away from having this one finished:

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1473097615.892916.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, everyone's at Airfest with the best weather in years. And me, trying to follow doctors orders back here in the 90% humidity of the Midwest. Only consolation, is this weekend gave me some time to get closer to filling out the MWP14 fleet. Just a dull coat away from having this one finished:

View attachment 300797

Looking good Dixie! :D

Don't feel so bad about Airfest...I went five years straight and, missed it this year. I still remember sitting under Billy Kincaids pop up looking at a thermometer registering 108 degrees.
In the shade.

Had big plans for this weekend involving Rockets! Nothing got done but, i did tear stuff up...:facepalm: I can't wait to get the bill for this latest fiasco...

Wanted to mention real quick here that i really appreciate the great out pouring of love and, concern for the tornados that ravished Indiana about a week ago (mostly over in KOKOMOKYMO...but, really the ones that hit Mace and, Linnsburg Indiana.
Good friend Dr. Dave Reese contacted me immediately from Kali :eek: For :eek: Knee-Ahhhh! :eek: to see if i was still alive.

"Gus, i was just watching the National news and, they said you guys got hit hard...are you ok :confused:"

Ohhhhhh...:rolleyes: I'm ok but, this one was close.

"How close :confused:"

1.1 miles from me this time, not as bad as 8 years ago when one rolled through my backyard...

"Holy Cow!"

Don't worry about me, i'm heavily insured...plus i've learned in life that nothing in life is really going to kill me...just *piss* me off...:rant:

I do have six neighbors who are totally rebuilding their lives right now though...

Registered for MWP14, see you all there! :cool:

Yeah... I might need to rinse my eyeballs out with bleach. The mental picture of Erik in a dress just killed me. :p

I don't know what you're talking about. I'm going to the bank to get out a bunch of singles and praying for a lapdance!

Another thought-

Thank-you to the person who shall remain anonymous for contacting me that this thread was still going...

Sorry, i didn't pick up my phone but, then i heard "Wabble Wabble Wah"...

Which means i have a Voice mail-

Because if i had thought that registering as a Democrat (at that time) 30 years ago would get me so bent out of shape (today) with "Phone Calls"....:mad:

Well.....

Wabble Wabble Wah...

So good to see you here, was getting worried that the winds had carried you away.

Be good to see you at MWP 14.

MWP is getting to be one of my favorite launches!! - Really looking forward to it!!

Got an ALL NEW night rocket :cool: in the works for this year.

Here are some pictures from previous launches.

2011mwp09.1.jpg

2011mwp09.2.JPG

2013mwp11.1.jpg

2013mwp11.2.jpg

2015mwp13.1.jpg

2015mwp13.2.jpg

2015mwp13.3.jpg

2015mwp13.4.jpg

MWP is getting to be one of my favorite launches!! - Really looking forward to it!!

Got an ALL NEW night rocket :cool: in the works for this year.

Here are some pictures from previous launches.

Be GOOD to see you again young lady...130mph winds couldn't take me away-
I may be seeing sooner than you think, phone call next week.

How long do we have to register? That's 2 weeks after my wedding. We all want to go, but we're not sure about schedules yet. I was going to shoot for registering a week before the launch.

How long do we have to register? That's 2 weeks after my wedding. We all want to go, but we're not sure about schedules yet. I was going to shoot for registering a week before the launch.

I'm confused here.. why don't you have your wedding at MWP?! Clearly this is the smart option :)

There is no restriction on number of people registered. I think you can even register/pay on site to fly.

Pre-registration will most likely end a few weeks before the event. This gives us enough time to pre-order t-shirts. We will have on site registration (at a higher cost) and no guarantee of available t-shirts. We have historically pre-ordered too many T-shirts and we get stuck with them. This year, if you want a shirt.....pre-register.

I'm fairly certain I'll be there. Would be nice to get my L2 cert there. I'd just need to make sure Wildman Rocketry could have a K160CL motor on hand. These days, a good selection of CTI motors seems hard to come by. Maybe I'll help my 13yo with his jr. NAR membership get L1 cert also.

I'm confused here.. why don't you have your wedding at MWP?! Clearly this is the smart option :)

There is no restriction on number of people registered. I think you can even register/pay on site to fly.

We're doing a Halloween wedding at the St. Louis City Museum. That's already going to be a blast. :-D If you haven't been there, you all need to go there.

I'm fairly certain I'll be there. Would be nice to get my L2 cert there. I'd just need to make sure Wildman Rocketry could have a K160CL motor on hand. These days, a good selection of CTI motors seems hard to come by. Maybe I'll help my 13yo with his jr. NAR membership get L1 cert also.

Good luck on finding that motor. CTI isnt shipping any54 or 75, and very little 29mm. according to Sandy dont expect it it to change before MWP.

Tim's website is showing one on hand. If you want it, I'd suggest calling him ASAP so it doesn't get bought by someone else!

Tim's website is showing one on hand. If you want it, I'd suggest calling him ASAP so it doesn't get bought by someone else!

Yeah, I was looking at that a while ago. I don't have my L1 yet, so I don't feel right having him hold it. Plus, I'm not fully certain I'll make MWP for my L2 attempt. If it's not available, it's not available. I have the hardware and adapters to launch 1-4 grain 38 mm and 1-4 grain 54 mm, so I'll find something. Push comes to shove, I can always use an Aerotech DMS. An affordable alternative is an AT DMS™ J270W.

I'd really like to go longburn for altitude, though. I'm tempted, but afraid to put up my Binder Excel Plus on a 6GXL K300. It sits at mach 0.91 for too long. I'd be worried about it being durable enough. But that 8+ second burn and 10k altitude sure is sexy.

Back