Midwest Power 14

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I was looking at that a while ago. I don't have my L1 yet, so I don't feel right having him hold it. Plus, I'm not fully certain I'll make MWP for my L2 attempt. If it's not available, it's not available. I have the hardware and adapters to launch 1-4 grain 38 mm and 1-4 grain 54 mm, so I'll find something. Push comes to shove, I can always use an Aerotech DMS. An affordable alternative is an AT DMS™ J270W.

I'd really like to go longburn for altitude, though. I'm tempted, but afraid to put up my Binder Excel Plus on a 6GXL K300. It sits at mach 0.91 for too long. I'd be worried about it being durable enough. But that 8+ second burn and 10k altitude sure is sexy.

I launched a K300 to 12,000+ at MWP last year. No worries. Fun flight.

If you can't locate a K160, I would recommend Aerotech's K185. It's a 4 grain 54 just like the K160. Nice motor, good long burn.

We're doing a Halloween wedding at the St. Louis City Museum. That's already going to be a blast. :-D If you haven't been there, you all need to go there.
Great place!
Not just for small kids! Although I was stuck in the belly of the whale.. really

Hotel booked registration done this is going to happen can't wait for my first Midwest power!

The registered flyer list doesn't show any flyers, are we skipping listing people this year?

+1 - not that I'ts real important to see who's going... but that was a neat feature of the old site.
The other thing I seem to remember from past years - there was an "inventory" number so you could see how many banquet tickets were left.

Sorry - I'm "old skool" so little stuff that really doesn't matter - kinda sticks out for me...

Capture.PNG

+1 - not that I'ts real important to see who's going... but that was a neat feature of the old site.
The other thing I seem to remember from past years - there was an "inventory" number so you could see how many banquet tickets were left.

Sorry - I'm "old skool" so little stuff that really doesn't matter - kinda sticks out for me...

Yep -- I'm working on it. Was retired but got called back in for a couple of projects so my free time is somewhat limited. I just finished setting up an auto backup system last night. I know you guys don't see any changes with this but I sleep a little better knowing I can reconstruct the order database should something happen.

The software I used on the old site doesn't work on the new server. I've been searching for a replacement -- hopefully I'll get something up soon. As a last resort, I can generate the list manually and upload it to the site.

Stay Tuned
RandyL

Thanks for all your time you put in keeping the site up and running. I was asking about the flyers list but it doesn't have to be there. Greg Olson

Back to rockets... My drag race entry. Kinda screwed up on the decal wraps so have some touch up to do on the back and edges, but I think you get the idea...

IMG_3285.jpg

Be GOOD to see you again young lady...130mph winds couldn't take me away-
I may be seeing sooner than you think, phone call next week.

This sounds like you might be hinting at a trip to the Bong... There are 4 high power launch days (2 WOOSH, 2 TWA) at Bong in September... :cool:

This sounds like you might be hinting at a trip to the Bong... There are 4 high power launch days (2 WOOSH, 2 TWA) at Bong in September... :cool:

Actually someone may be in the area...either this coming Saturday or Sunday...Hmmmmmmm.:rolleyes:

Hope you've watched your THREE rocket videos by now, otherwise i'm taking them back and, giving them to Manny. :no::lol:

So, I've gotten my Demon 98 mostly built (are rail buttons important?) Got the Stickershock ordered and in hand. Now just to install the rail buttons, apply the decals, and clear coat that bugger... I've also started the Demon 54 for poops and giggles... Don't know if I'll have time to launch it. I honestly prefer working the launch rather than flying. You miss too much while out recovering... :blush:

Adrian

So, I've gotten my Demon 98 mostly built (are rail buttons important?) Got the Stickershock ordered and in hand. Now just to install the rail buttons, apply the decals, and clear coat that bugger... I've also started the Demon 54 for poops and giggles... Don't know if I'll have time to launch it. I honestly prefer working the launch rather than flying. You miss too much while out recovering... :blush:

Adrian
With the fly-away rail guides the buttons aren't as important as they once were. If you want I can loan you a set. Just let me know.

I am looking at the logistics of attending my first MWP launch. It will be a long one day drive each way for me, but lore and legend of past launches is very appealing. I especially like all of the videos posted around the net.

A bonus is the night launch, I have 3 night birds that would love a new field to fly to.

If you stay at the Days Inn, you'll be in a hotel which is full of rocketeers. This is normally a good thing, unless you get attacked by creepy skeleton guy.

Last year the night launch was G motors max. Not sure what this year will bring.

G's can be fun. Here is my Luxor hotel on a G Metalstorm.

[video]https://youtu.be/kPFZGVn8dr0[/video]

Very nice!
I'm trying to get a night launch rocket up for the first time. Got CJ's nitebow, boy just have to figure out which booster to put it on and start planning motor, etc.

MidwestPower (8).jpg

I miss seeing rockets like these going up on their G motors at the night launch.

Latest posts

Back