OpenRocket -- are there additional downloads somewhere?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bat-mite

Rocketeer in MD
Reaction score
Is there some place where people upload/download OR databases/motors/materials, etc.?

In particular, I want to put epoxy fillets on my rockets, but epoxy is not a drop-down choice, and I have no idea what the specs are. The shock cord choices are pretty limited. Other stuff like that.

Thanks.

If you search the forum K'Tesh has a number of assembly's (motor mounts, fins, as well as complete rockets, etc.) available. It may be easiest for you to take measurements of things yourself as you build to input into OR so that you get the most accurate information for your build.

This is just my opinion so take it for what it is worth. I don't have measurements like what you are looking for or I would share them with you.

Weigh the fincan after tacking fins on. Weight it after each set of fillets. Add those weights to fins by adding mass object to each fin. Stretch and widen mass objet to fit fin.

Weigh the shock cord you use, add that as mass object.

For av-bay, I weigh it empty, then with all components. Add them as mass object. I don't care about every nut and bolt.

That's how I do it, then everything is correct, no guessing.

Last edited:
Understood, but sometimes I sim before I buy, and it would be nice to have some approximations.

Understood, but sometimes I sim before I buy, and it would be nice to have some approximations.

Well if you keep track on a build or 2..... you can easily extrapolate the fillet weight per inch for future use. Shock cord weight per foot.

Then add those to "Custom" in data base for future sims.

Latest posts

Back