Freedom Launch Camden SC 2016

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bummer. Something came up and we are not going to be able to make it this time. :(

-- Roger

Disappointing...

Hopefully our paths will cross soon! By the way, thank you for the great service (as always) in getting my replacement RRC3 to me before Freedom Launch after I broke the tether on mine at the last launch. It is going to get a workout next weekend!

Cheers,
Michael

Michael, looking forward to seeing you again.

From today till Sunday the big rocket launch in Manching is being held. You know the place :wink:
I'm just going to stop by to say hello as I have too much to prepare for Freedom Launch, which has #1 priority (I hope no fellow German is reading this :blush:).

Michael, looking forward to seeing you again.

From today till Sunday the big rocket launch in Manching is being held. You know the place :wink:
I'm just going to stop by to say hello as I have too much to prepare for Freedom Launch, which has #1 priority (I hope no fellow German is reading this :blush:).

Indeed I do remember!

image.jpgimage.jpg

Forgive the photo orientation...I can't change it on mobile...

I look forward to seeing you this weekend!

Cheers,
Michael

Michael,

I'm glad you will be there. I have a few new builds that *YOU* inspired!

That makes me a little nervous! :wink:

I'm still feeling fairly ambitious with 7 new rockets that have never flown, including my first ever (and possibly my second) mile-shot. I have a lot of work to do between now and this weekend!

Cheers,
Michael

I am trying to arrange leave for next year. Cross our fingers!

Let's not get snippy! Seriously Gary, just giving you a hard time. I pride myself in my low Tripoli number (Yea, I know Tom 0667),and was just curious if you been around longer than me. See you Saturday.

Let's not get snippy! Seriously Gary, just giving you a hard time. I pride myself in my low Tripoli number (Yea, I know Tom 0667),and was just curious if you been around longer than me. See you Saturday.

Funny...I pride myself on being friends with all of you guys with low TRA numbers! (TRA# 95760) I learn so much from each of you. Thank you for passing on your wisdom...

Cheers,
Michael

Woot. So I'm here at Myrtle Beach with my wife on vacation and just playing around here on the forum and find a launch close by. I don't have and rockets but I do have me. I love to just watch and talk rockets. Gonna be there Sunday.

I just had a quick chat with Bobby Weatherford. The area is under rain and high wind warnings until 2:00PM on Saturday. They have already has 2" of rain in advance of the storm which means the roads into the field will be pretty muddy. Bobby said that if we are lucky we may be able to get some flights in late on Saturday.

Sorry guys, but I can't make it at all.

I've got a family crisis and I need to stay here.

Leo, PM me your uncle's address so I can mail you the Sandhawk.

Lawrence, that's a real shame. I hope all works out well!

Leo

:sad:

Take care of family. We will get together next time.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but we have to cancel for Saturday, September 3. The conditions on the field are poor already with more of the storm to come. We will look at the field conditions tomorrow and hope to begin flying Sunday and Monday.

I will post any further updates as soon as they are available.

Bridgett Haislip

I went a head and cancelled my room for the weekend. Shouldn't be to hard to find a room for Sunday night if we are able to fly.

I went a head and cancelled my room for the weekend. Shouldn't be to hard to find a room for Sunday night if we are able to fly.

I did the same and I'm hoping for the same.

Git ya sum 5 minute epoxy and build one on site! We will have a vendor.

Ya ok my first instinct was to laugh. But darn it that is not to bad an idea. Small 29mm bird and a little time and I could burn a few bucks. Lol

It saddens me to see Saturday Cancelled.

Guys, go to rocketrysouthcarolina.org and sign up for an account. I deleted all the old members to star over after a fatal error.

Chuck

WE ARE GO FOR SUNDAY AND MONDAY. We will begin setup around 9 am Sunday. Do not enter the field until the club leadership has marked the range head location. Drive carefully. The roads crossing the field are muddy.

Back