Shoot video. but look at the frames one by one...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I'm just not sure what it is your pointing out, and your post was very non specific. Can you elaborate?

Shoot video. But look at the frames one by one, or else you miss this [insert frame that might not be seen under ordinary circumstance here]. What's not to miss? All those ones and zeros just go flying up once I clique 'post quick reply'.

I apologize for the lack of clarity in my posts. I understood your point that there are things you miss in the video. I often watch my video frame by frame to analyze them. My question was what in that image made you choose that particular frame? The way you formatted your post, with an unfinished sentence in the subject that sets up suspense, suggested to me that something remarkable would slap me in the face when I saw it, like an eagle in the flying in the background or something. That didn't happen So I'm wondering what you saw in that frame that made it stands out from the video to make your point.

I apologize for the lack of clarity in my posts. I understood your point that there are things you miss in the video. I often watch my video frame by frame to analyze them. My question was what in that image made you choose that particular frame? The way you formatted your post, with an unfinished sentence in the subject that sets up suspense, suggested to me that something remarkable would slap me in the face when I saw it, like an eagle in the flying in the background or something. That didn't happen So I'm wondering what you saw in that frame that made it stands out from the video to make your point.

I think he's referring to the anomaly attached to the bottom of the rocket.
It's like some weird parasitic tape creature or something, and it clearly is absorbing all the thrust to energize it's trans-dimensionalizer drive.:confused2:

The camera is either mounted on a boom or it fell from the rocket when the anomaly occured.

Either way, yes, the OP is TOO vague as to what we are supposed to even be looking at.

Agreed, and it does seem that the OP is being a bit obtuse about it; perhaps he was having a bad evening.

Anyway, since the footage / camera were recovered, it probably didn't fall away from the rocket. Maybe its a booster dropping off, and that's what he's showing us? Maybe the tape creature is just emerging from a wormhole? Maybe the rocket is actually being abducted by aliens (hey, it happened to my first Der Green Max!), only to be put back onto its proper trajectory a frame later (after being probed)? Hard to say...

Agreed. It is not clear what is significant about the first picture. Maybe the camera is on the upper portion of the rocket, and during the recovery, the booster portion swung into view for a second, and that was interesting? It almost seems like you have to see the whole video in order understand what is unique about this frame.

I love that word, such a classic line in the Shawshank redemption

[video=youtube;dakxwoVV7yM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dakxwoVV7yM[/video]

An eldritch and arcane word to be certain, yet one of my favorite words as well.

I keep trying to type slower. But once I push the post quick reply button, all those ones and zeros just rush right up. Please get in line. Short bus stop ahead. Or post your frame. The frame.

It's ok Jeff, help is coming.

b8679bfb7967b316174585e73104bf79.jpg

I keep trying to type slower. But once I push the post quick reply button, all those ones and zeros just rush right up. Please get in line. Short bus stop ahead. Or post your frame. The frame.

That's an interesting way to explain your point you must have graduated from the Trump school of discourse.

At this point, the continued refusal to explain makes it seem like he's having a laugh at our expense. Like its a inside joke that he's the only one in on. Either way, its sliding from amusing to annoying... :facepalm:

Back