Ultimate QCC Explorer L3 build Indiana

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright, I'll bite. How do you even obtain one of those from CTI for a Class 3 project?
(asking for A Friend, of course)

Wildman usually sells them on his Black Friday sale. Not sure if he can get them normally outside of that.

Or you could ask Nick@JET to pick up a spare one when he gets the one for his QCC :)

Wildman usually sells them on his Black Friday sale. Not sure if he can get them normally outside of that.

Or you could ask Nick@JET to pick up a spare one when he gets the one for his QCC :)

Soft pass for now.
I prefer to put that kind of money into the 401(k) so I can afford all this stuff once I hit the "retired, not expired" stage of life. Hit me up again in 40 years!

Soft pass for now.
I prefer to put that kind of money into the 401(k) so I can afford all this stuff once I hit the "retired, not expired" stage of life. Hit me up again in 40 years!

Smarter choice !

Glen - your P8000 said 215mm diameter!! Geez. I've been toying with the idea of a 10" QCC but would be way to expensive to get off the pad. Would be cool to have 150mm surrounded by 12 - 29's hmm.

I think that O may have been a one time deal - or at least once every 3-4 years

Smarter choice !

Glen - your P8000 said 215mm diameter!! Geez. I've been toying with the idea of a 10" QCC but would be way to expensive to get off the pad. Would be cool to have 150mm surrounded by 12 - 29's hmm.

I think that O may have been a one time deal - or at least once every 3-4 years

Those big Intake structures need something sticking out the bottom of them.... 2x29mm's in each one? Straddling the fins

Nytrunner - if I can stay married and build a bigger one I will do that, thx for the suggestion!

JJSR, thx it was quite the flight, I would love to do it again. I still need a 2.6" version :)

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Nytrunner - if I can stay married and build a bigger one I will do that, thx for the suggestion!

JJSR, thx it was quite the flight, I would love to do it again. I still need a 2.6" version :)

Great flight, Nick! Perfect boost, just perfect!

Unfortunately missed the liftoff photo as we were over the hill recovering the ML when the button was pushed. Stopped, had the camera in hand, but could not see the rocket over the crest, therefore no focus and no liftoff shots....sorry bud!

Stunning flight; loved the M1939 in there, loved the O3400!

152mm you say...I know a guy or two...:wink:

This thread (and the recent arrival at my apartment of an actual model) re-inspired me to work on the sim for the kit. Save for some minor details (namely adding part numbers), it's nearly ready for posting... However, the exterior is done...

I have to give a big shout out to John Boren for his help on this. Nice work John! I hope I can only do it justice when it comes to adding glue to it.

Yes, it has hollow intakes, but I didn't add all the internal bits that you can't see. The intake's standoff is actually curved thanks to a new trick I figured out from OR's developer's version of 15.3 that I have. Sad thing is that each time I close the file, I have to readjust the location of the pods needed to create the hollow segments. I really hope that the developers get around to fixing the pods so that the minimum number of pods supported is 1.

Now, I want to see more launch videos of Nick's build. Sorry if I hijacked the thread Nick...

no worries Jim, glad you can still have your hobby all the way in China!

so after a long delay - only a small amount of video of the O-3400 flight at Airfest, here is the video gather from bits and pieces, next time I will focus on better video. After sitting on the pad for 63 minutes the is NO onboard video, but alas it was a beautiful flight, arrow straight and disappeared into the clear blue ski until apogee where the separation charged pulled a cold smoke charge pin and we were able to visually track the rocket and know that the halves had separated.

Final weight - 87lbs, O-3400, 15,839' and 987 mph landing 0.48mile from the away cell and was able to visually track once the main came out. thanks to you all that helped with the flight, Gus P, Curtis, Dave and my son Andrew

[youtube]Gt3W2yt_Ndc[/youtube]

Thx guys! I think next flight will be M1939 again with the plugs in to see the difference / that may be awhile. Have the engine but my wait till next year to fly it

So friggen cool! I mean, what does one build, after what is truly the ultimate QCC upscale?!?! Seriously, seeing this is sort of inspiring me to up my Solar Warrior game.

So friggen cool! I mean, what does one build, after what is truly the ultimate QCC upscale?!?! Seriously, seeing this is sort of inspiring me to up my Solar Warrior game.

Thanks - I've followed a couple of your builds and they have been so cool, the Solar was awesome. I do think I'll go further with the QCC but I'll have to throw some different rockets in there before I go bigger.

Back