Adding motors to OpenRocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hellraiser

Reaction score
Has anyone added motors to OR that aren't in the list provided for you? I would like to add the larger Loki 54mm motors, i.e the 54/4000

Thank you all in advance!!

Brian

Yes...but I am not at my puter and can't remember exactly how. I had to manually enter the address/path to where the motor files go. If no one chimes in, I will get on my puter tomorrow and help ya out. Er, what operating system?

I will tell ya this, once you get to the directory, create a shortcut so you will be able to easily find the files in the future. After the third time digging and searching, I finally created a shortcut in my Rocket Stuff folder.

Have you already got the Loki motor file? If not, you can grab it from Thrustcurve.org or here:
https://lokiresearch.com/page/Documents

Mikey D

Last edited:
If you are asking how?

..............First open OR...the click on OR to open preference box.

Screen Shot 2016-07-27 at 12.57.50 AM.jpg

Then click on "ADD" to add a previously saved motor file.[easily download from Thrustcurve] I put on my file to be added on desktop. Just put it wherever you can find it..lol

Screen Shot 2016-07-27 at 12.58.14 AM.png

The box opens ...go get your file and choose it..... automatically loads in OR.

Screen Shot 2016-07-27 at 1.00.38 AM.png

Then close down OR and re-open to load it up... the little box tells you new file will not show up till you re-start OR.
I always go back and check to see.

There it is.....

Screen Shot 2016-07-27 at 1.00.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-27 at 1.12.14 AM.png

Last edited:
Yes sir, I am asking how to add motors into the data base in OR so I can use them to design and run simulations.

Thank you

Brian

Back