Chute release and late ejection

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beltek

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I had a strange incident with my chute release this past weekend. On a brutal ejection, thanks to a bonus delay, the chute deployed on ejection.
When i recovered my rocket, i found that the CR casing opened and lost it's internals.

Has someone seen this before?

Now i have to get another one because i'm addicted to it.

Hi everyone,

I had a strange incident with my chute release this past weekend. On a brutal ejection, thanks to a bonus delay, the chute deployed on ejection.
When i recovered my rocket, i found that the CR casing opened and lost it's internals.

Has someone seen this before?

Now i have to get another one because i'm addicted to it.

There was another thread with a similar outcome, just an empty case recovered...it may have been Jim Jarvis, can't recall.

Yes, there was one other situation which that happened, but we never heard resolution of it as far as I know.

There was another thread with a similar outcome, just an empty case recovered...it may have been Jim Jarvis, can't recall.

Yes, the same thing happened to me. I don't really know the circumstances of the deployment, though, because the rocket flew into the sun. Pretty likely that the chute opened at apogee and there were no inerds in the case. Just ordered a replacement.

Jim

Thanks guys, i guess i'll just order a replacement as ejection was very brutal.
The airframe of the rocket (quantum tubing) cracked at the top as it would have zippered pretty badly if it was cardboard.

Regards,

In extreme cases like this, we've had this happen a handful of times that I know of (out of thousands of launches), and we try to be understanding with folks who request help in fixing theirs.

Back