Week-end jaunt to VT, NH or easteren NY - ideas on what to do

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr wogz

Fly caster
Reaction score
Hi,

The wife & I are in need of a week-end get-away.. We love Vermont, New Hampshire, and the greater Boston area, and have done many a jaunt thru the areas, mainly VT & NH.

Anyone have an idea for eh Adirondacks? other things to do in the White mnts? Hiway 7 thru to Manchester?

The cape (Cape cod) is just that side of 'too far for a week-end' (and tourist season!) Maine might be an idea, Salem, Peabody, Gloucester MA are also just within reach..

Ben & Jerry's? Standard stop! Burlington? Stop there for breakfast. Mt. Washington climb, on the list.. Fish the Battenkill? On the bucket list!

Rhinebeck Aerodrome. Also on the list but a bit far..

Lake Placid? Saranac lake area? Ausable Chasm? Is Frontier Town still around?!

Depending on which weekend you're going:
30 July MMMSC launch in Berwick, Maine
06 August CMASS launch in Amesbury, Massachusetts (if drought conditions persist, we may relocate it to Berwick)

Sounds like you've got some good ideas for non-rocket activities already.

There's Howe Caverns and Secret Cavern in the Cobleskill/Schoharie Valley area in upstate New York.
The Baseball Hall of Fame is near there too in Cooperstown NY.

But like Ken said, check out a CMASS or MMMSC launch if your in the area. Always a good time.

I used to go to the Rhinebeck Aerodrome once a year with an RC club...
If your into flight it's a super cool place ..
You'll see aircraft from the before the "golden age" lined up and many of them fly..

Very cool place..
Teddy

This is my old stomping ground! Glad to hear you have Ben & Jerry's on the list, that is one of our must-haves when going back home. Not sure what you're into outside of hiking, but the Quechee gorge is pretty, and can be on the way from Stowe if you head into NH. If you stay further west and do Lake Placid, a drive through the Adirondack high peaks region is a gorgeous way to spend a day (and maybe bag a few summits to reach your 46'er status?). The Saranac lake region is my all time favorite- I've spent a good part of my childhood and young-adulthood on the chain of lakes, rivers and streams up there. Probably too late, since you're hopefully already heading down, but have fun!! bonne Chance!

I used to go to the Rhinebeck Aerodrome once a year with an RC club...
If your into flight it's a super cool place ..
You'll see aircraft from the before the "golden age" lined up and many of them fly..

Rhinebeck is awesome!

The Alchemist Brewery just opened up their new brewery & visitor's center in Stowe.
https://alchemistbeer.com/

They make some FANTASTIC beer if you're into that. Big plus, it's just up the road from B&J in Waterbury. The info on their website is spot on- they tend to sell out especially on the weekend. If you just want a tour and taste they have that all day every day.

Yes it is a bit of a cult but the beer is unique and worth any wait.

Back