My rocket is too dangerous. Where can I launch?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the reason kloudbusters asks for metal parts to be painted?
Are they afraid that bent metal parts will focus sunlight and cause fires?

What is the reason kloudbusters asks for metal parts to be painted?
Are they afraid that bent metal parts will focus sunlight and cause fires?

Having been through asking this before, it's best to just contact the prefect in the link if you have any questions on it.

These are not the easiest things to do but some old Toltec wisdom may help: “The Four Agreements:
1. Be impeccable with your word.
2. Don’t take anything personally.
3. Don’t make assumptions.
4. Always do your best. ”

Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom
Me like that. Here is more.

27810095331_47654f9ae0_b.jpg

It's pointless now. I found another place to launch where I can be super dangerous. Hopefully that works out for me.

Ok - that smells like a troll

In any case, let us know where that is as I'm sure most here would prefer not to be launching where "super dangerous" is allowed.

Your club RSO is a moron. Yes, I said it.... Flame on.

Jim:
You are Right-ON! The NAR safety code does NOT forbid "ANY" metal parts.. It specifically states NO metal Airframes, Nose Cones or Fins. In the older written Safety code it stated "No Substantial Parts" but the NAR officials thought that was to vague.
More simply put the NAR does NOT want the exterior airframe of any model to be constructed of any metal MAJOR part. Body tubes, Nose Cones, Transitions and fins must be of Non-Metallic materials. Minor stuff like, attachment screws, small metal launch Lugs, Wire "Antenna Lugs", Nose Cone Eye screws, Motor retention hooks, Brass or Aluminum Antenna or pilot tubes, even hundreds of tiny machine screws on scale models are perfectly fine.

Sorry your RSO is SO badly misinformed; You need to bring a copy of the NAR Current Safety Code to you next meeting and hold a comprehensive discussion on the subject to completely vet this problem with All your clubs RSO's.

Thank you. I now have cancer.

Well that’s tragic. Unless the tumor is shaped like a clown. Then it’s funny.

I’ve gotta say, nothing takes the thunder out of a rickroll than a pre-video advertisement. They give you that little button in the bottom right that’s essentially saying “click here to continue to your rickroll in 5…4…3…”

What were we talking about?

Oh right. Wardini’s rocket. Has it destroyed an orphanage and/or pet store full of adorable puppies yet?

It's pointless now. I found another place to launch where I can be super dangerous. Hopefully that works out for me.

All these requests to see the rocket, and still won't show us. Something still stinks here. Not sure what, but this guy is hiding something or doing something fishy. My spidey senses are tingling all over on this one. And I can tell, I am not the only skeptic here.

It's pointless now.

Perhaps. Certain philosophers tell us it's all pointless. :wink: You've certainly chummed the waters with this thread; your participation in it is still welcome but I suspect it will live on regardless.

I found another place to launch where I can be super dangerous. Hopefully that works out for me.

Good luck and stay safe.

Ok, now I really want to hear from the RSO who presided over this little drama. :duck:

Did your rocket look like this with fins? :wink:

1295747974681.jpg

First off you would not need fins to fly this "crazy death rocket." Just put dem motors up front.:) Call it cute name like BAM BAM's play toy from the town of Bedrock.

Here was my crazy death rocket and it flew. No substantial metal parts.

Pict launch 1.jpg

Here is my child's toy "Jack in the Box" rocket of love and it did not fly:

JIB 88.jpg

One metal part but that was not the issue. Our RSO made the call it was dry enough for additional club rules to come into effect. One of which is no questionable clusters or scratch builds. He took one glance, did not like the way it looked and BANG! Banned until substantial moister is on the ground. Another club member did say something, but to no avail and I was not going to argue. I knew the club rules and under strict enforcement I was SOL. Some times you just have to face the harsh realities and take the hard knocks. So I just packed her up in the trunk of the car, hoping to launch at another club. It so happens a fire ban cancelled that launch out right. So again, I find myself SOL. Facing a potential dead line to launch for a contest I have but a few choices, so Lord help me to make the right one.:confused2:

Last edited:
There still must be more to the story that we do not know.

Might have been that the RSO was having a bad day or was unusually harried. Also could have been "fatigued" from dealing with the OP and his rockets concerning earlier issues and simply ran out of patience with him.

We all know that is is very highly improbable that any RSO would not pass a rocket, especially a high power rocket, with three metal screws it it.

0_176014_c24b4aad_L.jpg

That is dangerous bolts, namely no longer dangerous but do not know where because flew with the nozzle.

And this is sound of landing (problems with the parashute ).There was a lot of bolts in rocket but weighing 3.5 kilogramsor 7.7 lb if it had fallen to head bolts would be the last problem .
[video=youtube;i6F45twpgGQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6F45twpgGQ[/video]
Even a small rocket with problem in parachute is dangerous. If well done falls to 200-300 km per hour or 100-150 miles per hour.
For complete safety should start from concrete shelter with a roof and in the area of horizontal flight without a single person. it is a 100% safety.
As I watch the events how people walk calmly just 50 meters from the start relatively large rockets nowhere 100% safe:)
Rocketry is a solitary activity. To enjoy others have cameras and video. Even the starts of Saturn V was dangerous ... 2700 tons of fuel and so many people so close .. well that everything went successfully.
[video=youtube;bhw6ZBC6gmY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhw6ZBC6gmY[/video]
Those who are photographed are crazy, fuel is super toxic, what if the rocket had left them?
P.S. But I personally if I could go back in time I would attend all starts of Saturn's V :) Only the dead is a 100% probability that will not die .

Last edited:
[video=youtube;-vjAnRGUCTA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vjAnRGUCTA[/video]
This rocket that fell in the yard of a house in the village. It was launched kilometer of it but enough away. Do not think that most of my rockets landed without a parachute. Just run a lot, almost every week.And long observe his own rule in the area of horizontal flight no people. With concrete bunker with a roof is more difficul :)
P.S. Robust Chinese camera- shoot underground :)
P.P.S. The feeling after this start was terrible killed anyone or not? Naturally I could not show it but people ask where I show him where they should not.

Last edited:
What rules? The rules are two:
1. Start from the bunker with roof.
2. In the area of theoretical horysontal flight no people or property.
The other is compromise safety :)

[video=youtube;THEIpnw-YVQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THEIpnw-YVQ[/video]
I have a question. Тhis event (accidentally selected on YouTube) observe all the rules of NAR? At 5:17 seconds of the video are run fairly large rockets, and is full of people. What if it does not open the parachute and rocket fall on someone?All these rockets are so light that fall like a feather or?
To me it happened after 5-6 consecutive successful launch and 7 parachute does not open ... for some stupid reason that I find later.
P.S. Such an event would not have participated after 50 successful launch on the same my rocket ..

Last edited:
[video=youtube;THEIpnw-YVQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THEIpnw-YVQ[/video]
I have a question. Тhis event (accidentally selected on YouTube) observe all the rules of NAR? At 5:17 seconds of the video are run fairly large rockets, and is full of people. What if it does not open the parachute and rocket fall on someone?All these rockets are so light that fall like a feather or?.

those rockets are about 7 pounds. The crowd is far away. Camera lens makes it look closer. Rockets are aimed so that a failure lands away from crowd.

What rules? The rules are two:
1. Start from the bunker with roof.
2. In the area of theoretical horysontal flight no people or property.
The other is compromise safety :)

We have several sets of rules here and yours are different in your country.

Well that’s tragic. Unless the tumor is shaped like a clown. Then it’s funny.

I’ve gotta say, nothing takes the thunder out of a rickroll than a pre-video advertisement. They give you that little button in the bottom right that’s essentially saying “click here to continue to your rickroll in 5…4…3…”

What were we talking about?

Oh right. Wardini’s rocket. Has it destroyed an orphanage and/or pet store full of adorable puppies yet?

https://adblockplus.org/

You're welcome.

Back