Need help with finding a NC for BlueTube 2.0

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhein

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Basically I am scratch building a rocket. I thought this would be a good time to try BlueTube for the airframe. So I bought a 3"x48" airframe along with a LOC 3" ogive nose cone from Apogee. The NC fits just fine BUT the BlueTube is noticeably wider causing a slight stairstep where the shoulder of the NC meets the airframe. Are there any other NCs that will be a better match? Should I contact Apogee and send it back? The BlueTube website sells NCs but doesn't give any real details about them.

thanks
Jim

Basically I am scratch building a rocket. I thought this would be a good time to try BlueTube for the airframe. So I bought a 3"x48" airframe along with a LOC 3" ogive nose cone from Apogee. The NC fits just fine BUT the BlueTube is noticeably wider causing a slight stairstep where the shoulder of the NC meets the airframe. Are there any other NCs that will be a better match? Should I contact Apogee and send it back? The BlueTube website sells NCs but doesn't give any real details about them.

thanks
Jim

If the shoulder of the NC is long enough cut off a short section of the airframe and epoxy it to the shoulder, then contour the forward edge to match the nosecone.

Yep just round off your tube or check PML, their NC's used to be a bit bigger around to allow for glassing phenolic tube.
Don't quote me though.

Back