Complete 30 pad launch system - free to good home!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eengelgau

Reaction score
Hi guys, This is Gene Engelgau, Aeropac Launch Director. Aeropac recently upgraded to a new launch system and I'm trying to find a home to our old Aeropac launch system. Get back to me if you have any interest, or know of a club or group who needs one. And feel free to forward this along to any other group who may may be looking for a free system.

Brief Description:

The launch controller can handle three banks or 10 pads each. There is cabling to put a row of low power, L1 high power and L2 high power pads all out at safe distances so you can launch of any one pad bank, and load on the others.

The system uses a central control console only to control a remote relay closure. All pads then have there own small relay box. Power is also distributed to each relay box and right to the pad.

---

I can provide more information to anyone who is interested. We have lota of spare parts as well as all the documentation and schematics for the equipment.

Gene Engelgau
[email protected]

I sent a note to the MDRA BOD. Don't know if we'll need any additional launch equipment for LDRS.

I sent a note to MASA. Not sure if interested, but it can't hurt to ask...

Gene please keep the Sacramento Area Rocketry Group (SARG) in mind.

There are a number of AeroPac members serving as officers in SARG who I'm sure you know.

I'll pass the offer on to them.

Gene please keep the Sacramento Area Rocketry Group (SARG) in mind.

There are a number of AeroPac members serving as officers in SARG who I'm sure you know.

I'll pass the offer on to them.

Hi, Let them know please and that would be cool. I have a number of interested parties so I may get a committal from someone fairly fast. It's a matter of someone saying for certain "I want it, and I'll cover the transportation to get it!"

-Gene

The Wright Stuff Rocketeers (Dayton, OH, NAR section 703) are interested. Check out our webpage https://www.torcrocketry.org/ to see all of the outreach that we do. I was helping at one our outreach events today; some of the WSR team was conducting a build and fly at the first annual "Maker's Faire" at a local historical site. We helped about 85 people build their first rocket and launch it. I personally helped a couple in their 70's build their first ever rocket.

Oh, dang...

Turns out the club (SARG) has decided to pass on the offer.

Sorry it took so long to get back with an answer.

Back