Nice, France

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're a Muslim and not a member of ISIS, you're not a target.

On this point I can't disagree with you more. I honestly think you are being pretty naïve or disingenuous here.

s6

So you think we should target all Muslims, regardless of their affiliation with ISIS? That seems a bit radical indeed.

You will probably be surprised but I mostly agree with you here.

That said, there is the slightly troublesome detail about exactly what constitutes "standing with the terrorists". I don't think there is any question about someone in ISIL "uniform" actively threatening with a gun/explosives/knife/weapon, or actively recruiting jihadists, or raising money for the cause, or any of that. I doubt you would find anyone here (including those pesky liberals) that would disagree that this person is the enemy and should be treated as such.
I'm not sure that ISIS even has a "uniform", which is why they're difficult to identify before they break out their flag, or take credit for something that's just happened. But yes, if they're in a uniform they should be treated as though they just blew something up because ISIS has done plenty.

But what about someone who says things in public that are in general sympathy for their cause, even partially?
What about someone who visits jihadist websites, reads their material, or re-tweets something in support?
What about someone who "has ties" in the form of relatives, however distant, who may do the things above, or even be outright "members"?
What about someone who has recently visited an area where ISIL holds some power or influence?
What about someone who doesn't shout "death to the terrorists!" quite loud enough at your local gathering?
And for all these things above, does it make a difference if the person in question is a Muslim or not?
Not to me. That's why I said that even if you're not a Muslim, if you're a terrorist you should be taken out. Looking up information on the web, or retweeting, or supporting a group, isn't against the law and people shouldn't be killed for doing those things. It's difficult to identify some of the members of ISIS since they're not in uniform. But if they are identified as such then yes, kill them.

do you REALLY think that this is in keeping with American (or even Christian) values?
American values include killing those that kill Americans. So yes.
Christian values include turning the other cheek and forgiving someone 70x7 times, or something like that, so no. Good thing we don't live in a Theocracy. Letting religion make decisions on who lives and dies is pretty much what I'm suggesting we eliminate.

I thought politics and religion were the 2 things that were not allowed on this forum? This thread must be giving the moderators fits.:confused:

So you think we should target all Muslims, regardless of their affiliation with ISIS? That seems a bit radical indeed.

I'll take the blame for poor wording, but you misunderstood my meaning/point here - pretty much entirely.

To be clear, I was suggesting that anyone who THINKS that "Muslims who are not terrorist-affiliated" are de facto "not targeted" is being naïve or disingenuous.

I am absolutely NOT saying that "all Muslims should be targeted"; in fact I'm saying exactly the opposite. But there ARE many people who are either saying that they should be, or at the very least are completely comfortable with that happening, and that seem just itching to pull the trigger themselves if only people weren't so "PC".

s6

I thought politics and religion were the 2 things that were not allowed on this forum? This thread must be giving the moderators fits.:confused:

Well apparently you are wrong. I fought this fight for a long time, and finally just gave in to the dark side.

In recent times, this community and the moderators have pretty much decided that politics and religion are perfectly acceptable topics, that it's "what people want", and that the only time anything will be done to curb it is if a certain moderator is personally offended or disagrees with a post. So, I went with the "can't beat em, join em" approach, and here we are. Besides I'm not a rocketeer anymore, so what the heck.

It's a new world. Ain't it grand?

s6

Good thing we don't live in a Theocracy. Letting religion make decisions on who lives and dies is pretty much what I'm suggesting we eliminate.

Ding....ding....ding.....ding........We Have a Winner!

s6

Valid target? -
american-jihadi.png

What about this one? -
605384500.jpg

Does this one get put on the kill list? -
bundy-ranch.jpg

Can we shoot this guy? -
lastrhodesian_1434820094478_20138794_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

How about these folks? -
1408074391-activists-in-chicago-protest-police-shooting-in-ferguson-missouri_5523458-750x400.jpg

This guy seems like a threat (notice the "muslim" scarf covering his face) -
0814_ferguson-protests-624x417.jpg

s6

But when the two are combined together in one thread, they cancel each other out.

This thread has discussed some very serious and weighty issues, and I can't wait to tune in tonight to find out what Scott Baio thinks about them. It will all get fixed when we put Charles in Charge!

I'm pretty sure that Scott Baio is the guy in the first pic in my post above.

s6

I leave the forum for three lousy hours to run a few errands and this is what happens! All the furniture has been turned upside down, the dishes are all broken and there's pooh everywhere! You're all on report!

I leave the forum for three lousy hours to run a few errands and this is what happens! All the furniture has been turned upside down, the dishes are all broken and there's pooh everywhere! You're all on report!

Mistakes were made...

I guess where's going to have to turn it up a notch to close this thing.

I say send Capt. Whip Creame to take care of the whole middle east-

bi4cTo5.jpg

Speaking of camera placement, what would you do Dave?

I'd place it back 5" from the tip, to make certain to get the entire ejection event.

Placing it on the freebag may lead to stability/ CG issues with shifting weight

This gentelman is ACTUALLY speaking @ the ALL INCLUSIVE CONVENTION!!!

milofag.JPG

Well where the heck were you? Not at work I assume?
C'mon Ted, keep up!

s6

Ok, if you could only choose just one......which one of these is your legitimate target? Who do you say is on your own personal "kill list"?
(speaking from the perspective of a real/patriotic/christian American of course)

White-Extremists-3.jpg

armed-black-panther-party.jpg

s6

Ok, if you could only choose just one......which one of these is your legitimate target? Who do you say is on your own personal "kill list"?
(speaking from the perspective of a real/patriotic/christian American of course)

White-Extremists-3.jpg

armed-black-panther-party.jpg

s6

No one in these images are threatening anyone!. So no one would be a target. Of course the image is limited in such that I do not know their intentions. Let's take the top image, if it was a white supremacy group, I would be on alert!
As for my target list, you are not cleared to view it.

If I were to delete the first post, would this thread become null and void?

The kid in the baby carrier. Obviously that kid is up to something shady, he's mind controlling his own army!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back