Polecat Aerospace Astrobee D

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketjet787

Reaction score
Does anybody here have a Polecat Aerospace Astrobee D? I have been looking at getting a Polecat kit for a while and this one really stands out. I wanted to know some more about it and find out if it's what I want. Does anybody have any pictures?

Also, what is the quality of Polecat kits?

Does anybody here have a Polecat Aerospace Astrobee D? I have been looking at getting a Polecat kit for a while and this one really stands out. I wanted to know some more about it and find out if it's what I want. Does anybody have any pictures?

I have the kit. I haven't built it yet, but the quality seems really high. I have several of their kits, and I think they are great. Keep in mind...it's a builders kit. The fiberglass layer needs to be filled and the fins shaped, but it is a lot of kit for the money. You will be surprised how big it is when you dry-stack it. Oh...and it comes with a full-length motor tube, so it is even hybrid ready for those who have the equipment.

I'll try to get some photos of the parts when I get home, but I may not be able to get to it today. Good luck!

Cheers,
Michael

One more thing...Mark at Stickershock worked up a really nice set of scale vinyl for me on this kit.

I apologize for not getting the photos for you last night, but I should definitely be able to pull it out of storage this evening. You have possibly motivated me to bump it up in my build queue!

Cheers,
Michael

I have the kit. I haven't built it yet, but the quality seems really high. I have several of their kits, and I think they are great. Keep in mind...it's a builders kit. The fiberglass layer needs to be filled and the fins shaped, but it is a lot of kit for the money. You will be surprised how big it is when you dry-stack it. Oh...and it comes with a full-length motor tube, so it is even hybrid ready for those who have the equipment.

I'll try to get some photos of the parts when I get home, but I may not be able to get to it today. Good luck!

Cheers,
Michael

It sounds like a great kit! I don't mind doing some extra work, it just means you get more fun for the price :wink:. The fact that it is hybrid ready is what grabbed my attention, how long is the booster?

One more thing...Mark at Stickershock worked up a really nice set of scale vinyl for me on this kit.

I apologize for not getting the photos for you last night, but I should definitely be able to pull it out of storage this evening. You have possibly motivated me to bump it up in my build queue!

Cheers,
Michael

No worries about the photos, I'm not in any hurry. I would definitely enjoy seeing a build thread on it as well! :wink:

I'll be doing a build thread on my Polecat 4" BBIII as soon as I finish the flying v build. I have pulled my kit out and think it's a terrific value with a very complete package and good quality parts. As mentioned earlier, they just require a little more work to be ready for paint. But I'm excited to start my build.

I'll be doing a build thread on my Polecat 4" BBIII as soon as I finish the flying v build. I have pulled my kit out and think it's a terrific value with a very complete package and good quality parts. As mentioned earlier, they just require a little more work to be ready for paint. But I'm excited to start my build.

Awesome! I will be watching with interest! :)

Back