E12 .eng file

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EXPjawa

Reaction score
I've posted about this before, but still haven't sorted out a solution. Are other folks using the .eng file for the Estes E12 motor from Thrustcurve.org without issue? When I load that motor into a Rocksim file, the total mass jumps up by, oh, 2074 oz. Obviously, there is something in the file that is being read incorrectly. Whether its the file or the program, I can't say for sure, but this is the only motor I have problems with.

I went through the text file looking anything obvious, but this stuff isn't my forte. John C. previously mentioned something about editing the total weight, but I couldn't find where it appeared to be wrong. For the heck of it, I even edited up a .RSE file based on the E9 motor, using the data John's got posted. When I load that file instead, I get the same damn thing. I'm getting a bit annoyed, and am frustrated that I can't use the E12 in simulations. What am I missing?

That appears to have worked, thank you. I think part of the problem was that I wasn't completely removing the old file before, and it kept looking at old info. I'm still not sure what was wrong with the previous version of the file though.

Did you append that motor to the Estes Rse file, and then reload the motor data within Rocksim?

Back