Should the watering hole be eliminated?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should The Watering Hole be eliminated?

• No, I love hearing about the most offensive things possibly on a rocketry forum

• Of course, Kill it now

• print the files out and burn them

• There is no need for this trash, nuke it all please

Results are only viewable after voting.
Man you guy's r too funny,,, lol...

Tank you very much fer the entertainment,, lol...

Teddy

I feel sorry for both the thin skinned, PC obsessive left wingers, and the virgin eared, ultra conservative fundamentalists. They just need to hang out at their respective watering holes during the week and launch their rockets together in perfect harmony at the club on the weekends.

This is perfect! If we had THREE watering holes, we could probably cover everyone

This single thread in and of itself reveals the real need and purpose of the TWH forum. Something not rocket related, other than ones and zeros co-mingling within the same URL on them internets, that represents as being about rockets. And yet we all gather, even observing some grace amongst us in a world where the same can not be said about other places. Long live TWH!

Moderators note: Because of this inflammatory content, this thread is now locked and the user is banned.

They've missed me!!!!!!! awwwwww!

27681458924_9161a54a60_c.jpg

I voted no, but would be for getting rid of ALL sub-forums. Compared to a really good "forum" I used to hang out in, which actually was only one sub-forum on a larger site and yet a complete forum in itself, this whole site gets maybe a tenth the traffic and a hundredth the off-topic posts. The amount of subdivision here is obsessive.

The gallery is the perfect example of this. I love photos and love posting them. I won't go near that place.

So you like lumping it all together.. one big happy flat hierarchy... and to rely on the search function to find, oh, pictures of 'ACME spitfire'

I guess you should have another poll statement: "make the whole forum one topic: Rockets" and be done with it..

(I had a senior manager, a few levels above me, insist that my BOMs [Bills of materials - for assemblies & the overall product structure] be flat. So, I had resistors & packing materials all at the same level. It worked for him, as he needed a running cost of the product and didn't' care for 'silly indentations or sub assemblies'.. The rest of us (production) hated it, as we had over 300 items to pour over to find the info we needed..)

I like the gallery section. I wouldn't have touched setting it up with a 10 ft. rocket, however.

The trouble is it's impossible to browse. Never make a forum out of something that should be a thread.

youll note that when the photo section went from threads to sub forums, posting and viewing dropped immediately. More than half haven't seen a post in over 2 years. As a static reference it's nice. As a living forum, it's a bear to deal with. I just stopped posting because of it.

Last edited:
Back