Red Arrow Orders

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree the information and his video are outstanding and maybe that's his justification? IDK? He certainly offers a lot to the community but just not sure why things are so pricey. I mean at least keep things at retail. If they were I would buy more. Just my :2:

I'm pretty sure that I've read elsewhere that is exactly what Tim's justification is. He provides a lot of info, articles, videos, and of course, excellent customer service. So he feels that people will pay him more for actual product and for shipping. It must work well enough. I do buy select items from Apogee, but only things I can't find elsewhere. Certainly not things that I can find a better price on. I feel he got enough money out of me for Rocksim, especially considering the quirks that ought to be developed out by now, that it evens out if I still use his site for reference only.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that I've read elsewhere that is exactly what Tim's justification is. He provides a lot of info, articles, videos, and of course, excellent customer service. So he feels that people will pay him more for actual product and for shipping. It must work well enough. I do buy select items from Apogee, but only things I can't find elsewhere. Certainly not things that I can find a better price on...

I'm the same way.

Kruegon, the next time you issue the "No comments from the peanut gallery…" order I'll listen better !

That was just an inside joke with Chris regarding a previous conversation.

Yeah, that would be the logical response, but hard to accept sometimes...there are so few vendors, and even with the "difficult" ones (save K&S, I rejoined the hobby too late to order from them), my experiences have been mixed. Some people got shafted by RW, for example, but my orders (3 or 4) had all been very smooth. Same for Red Arrow- have had a little heartburn, but was never left incomplete. If I received (or heard about) consistently poor service, then yes, I advocate for a boycott, but crap happens, and as we all know, these are not millionaires sitting poolside enjoying cocktails and burning $20s to light their cohibas...these are regular Joes trying to support their and our addic...er, hobby.
I also tend to be cheap, though, so I go for the lowest price to stretch my limited hobby budget. If it's a mission-critical part, or if I'm attempting a cert and have a window, I do tend to err on the side of safety, and order from the folks that consistently over-deliver (Apogee, Mad Cow, among others), which commands a higher price.

Except EVERYONE does seem to receive bad service from them in one form or another. I was about to pull the trigger on an order from them last year and then read the experiences here because I had that nagging feeling of, "these prices are too good to be true."

I can pay a couple of bucks more and order from Sirius, Wildman, BMS, etc., and get 100% of my order in a few days opposed to having to call or email for weeks or months to have everything delivered.

Because it was regarding a motor order. Guess I should have specified.

This thread has the same characteristics as so many before it.

1. Despite the dozens of posts about crappy service from RAH, the OP is actually surprised to find crappy service from RAH. Kinda like the guys who made additional purchases from RW while their previous orders went unfulfilled. Gluttons for punishment in the name of a few dollars.

2. A tangential discussion breaks out about Apogee Components. Service is good, but prices are too high. Screw that! I want low prices, like RAH!

Repeat.

This thread has the same characteristics as so many before it.

1. Despite the dozens of posts about crappy service from RAH, the OP is actually surprised to find crappy service from RAH. Kinda like the guys who made additional purchases from RW while their previous orders went unfulfilled. Gluttons for punishment in the name of a few dollars.

I was a little surprised, yes. As it's not my first order from RAH, I was surprised at how this experience has been vs previously. I'm well aware that Dave and Ed have booth been in the hospital. I called Dave prior to placing my order to make sure everything was getting back to normal. So I was disappointed in the results this time.

2. A tangential discussion breaks out about Apogee Components. Service is good, but prices are too high. Screw that! I want low prices, like RAH!

Repeat.

Hey, I didn't tangent the post lol. I just wanted to see if my experience was currently an issue across the board or if I was experiencing a unique issue. My conclusion based on responses and PMs is that, apparently, every order experience with RAH is unique to that order. Sometimes it's like clockwork, sometimes there are delays without explanation. The info that stayed on topic has helped me to decide my course of action for future propulsion fulfillment. And for that I thank those who shared their experiences.

i just hope the problem isn't a health issue. this really reminds me of a friend whose dad owned and electronics repair business. a very successful one and his specialty was the old stuff- pre 1980.
then customers were getting repairs that weren't done right and even had items with wrong repairs or the repairs weren't even done. orders placed for parts would have the wrong parts shipped, delayed shipping, shipped to wrong address,etc.
it turned out he had alzheimers that wasn't diagnosed yet.

He's ignoring my refund request as well. No response to emails. I'm about to open a PayPal dispute and activate my buyer protection.

Guys Dave has had health problems in the past. I sure hope its not another problem. I can tell you we have shipped an order to him 2 weeks ago. Dave has never been a problem for us at TFRLLC. Please be patience and give him a chance.

I had a HUGE problem with RAH years ago. I placed an order on their website, with multiple items - none of which was shown online as being out of stock, and my card was charged in full.

After too much time passed I emailed several times and eventually he replied to let me know an out of stock item would delay my order but didn't offer to send me what he did have as I would have expected. THEN he had the nerve to complain on his Facebook page about vendors that he ordered from not shipping on time with no notice to him.

It was a whole thing which I started a thread about here.

I'll never order from Red Arrow Hobbies again, and I'll take any opportunity I can to tell my story.

Back