• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

700+ BP Motors for Sale - Pickup (only) at NARAM-58 or Airfest 22

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dshmel

Reaction score
*** UPDATE 07-11-16 ***
ALL 700+ motors are spoken for.

*** UPDATE 07-09-16 @ 1:47 PM ***
Sold 202 motors, only 500 left !!!

*** UPDATE 07-06-16 @ 12:22 PM ***
Below is a list of the remaining motors (sale pending on some 13mm motors). I have removed the link to the Google spreadsheet as I will not be updating it. Easier to just post a list here and edit.

(Qty) Motor Price each

( 8 ) 1/4A3-3T - $1.03
( 4 ) 1/2A3-2T - $1.03
( 1 ) 1/2A3-4T - $1.03
( 9 ) A10-PT - $1.03
( 15 ) A10-3T - $1.03
( 4 ) 1/2A6-2 - $1.37
( 3 ) 1/2A6-4 - $1.37
( 90 ) A8-3 - $1.20
( 30 ) A8-5 - $1.37
( 15 ) B4-4 - $1.44
( 12 ) B4-6 - $1.44
( 12 ) B6-0 - $1.44
( 30 ) B6-4 - $1.44
( 9 ) C5-3 - $1.57
( 90 ) C6-0 - $1.57
( 120 ) C6-3 - $1.57
( 30 ) C6-5 - $1.57
( 21 ) C6-7 - $1.57

Please send all inquiries to dshmel <at> gmail <dot> com

*** UPDATE 07-04-16 @ 1:19 PM ***
Sale Pending on all motors C11 and higher

*** ORIGINAL POST ***
I have way too many BP motors and I don't fly very much low power these days. Time to pass these on to someone who will use them. The link below (and the attached spreadsheet) has a list of the motors and quantity available. I have just over 700 motors to part with (I am holding back a handful in case I need to fly a low power bird or two). I have acquired these over many years and they come from all sources, Most have been purchased new from retailers (internet, Walmart, Target), purchased from fellow rocketeers, and some have been part of a lot purchase of rockets and related supplies. They are all stored in sealed plastic containers (with desiccant) in a dry, climate controlled environment (NOT in a garage or basement) and have not been subjected to temperature extremes while in my possession. Most of motors are in the original 3 or 4 packs and come with plugs and igniters, but many are loose (such as the A8-3's) since they come from bulk packs or random purchases. For any loose motors sold, I will include a plug and igniter with each. Most of the motors range in age from a few to 10 or 20 years old (some are branded "Cobra"). However, as you know, if BP motors are stored properly they remain viable. I cannot comment on the contest certification of the motors, you should probably do your own research. It is not practical for me to photograph all of the motors or record and report the date codes. If there are specific motors that you want, but need to know the date code because of a "bad batch" history (Estes E12 ?), I can look them up.

I have priced them at 60% off of current retail. Which I believe is competitive (no tax, no shipping). The price on the A8-3's is based on bulk pack pricing (since that is how I obtained most of them), so they are lower than the other A8's.

I will sell the motors by "youngest first" based on the order of buyer commitment. This means you may get loose motors or packs based on the date.

Since I cannot ship these, I am offering them for pickup only at NARAM-58 later this month. I will also be at Airfest 22 over Labor Day weekend and in Pawhuska, OK for High Frontier 13 (September 24th &#8211; 25th). I would like to limit payment to cash only to keep things simple.

Last edited:
ALL motors are spoken for.

Assuming the 4 buyers that have committed to purchasing the motors complete our transaction, I will have sold down my BP inventory as well as providing quality motors to 4 rocketeers at a competitive price. WIN- WIN. All motors are scheduled for on site delivery at a launch. Should any buyer have a change of heart, I will revise the thread and advise on what may be back on the market.

You bet I'm committed. I wish I had seen this thread before you sold all of your 24mm motors. My Bomarc glider eats D12-3's like a kid eats candy!

You bet I'm committed. I wish I had seen this thread before you sold all of your 24mm motors. My Bomarc glider eats D12-3's like a kid eats candy!

Ironically, out of my inventory of over 1,250 BP motors, I only had 2 D12-3's.

Back