Dynastar Snarky build comments

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20160703_111252.jpg20160703_111245.jpg20160703_113021_HDR.jpg20160703_113043_HDR.jpg

I went ahead and filled in a few more spots and primered the model again. Sanded with 220 and 320 blew if down with the air compressor. Put down the white. Gonna let it sit for a week. By then I should come up with a paint scheme that will make your panties tingle.

Interested in what's up your sleeve with the paint. The White looks nice and slick !!

Looking good! What about those of us who don't wear panties?

Best regards,
Brian

Interested in what's up your sleeve with the paint. The White looks nice and slick !!

You should asking how the heck did I get the nose cone like that with the Kevlar being nice and straight? I'm gonna be adding another color or two and then clear coating it and maybe a nice finish is in the works after that.

Then it will be slick as far as the way it is now I just flowed the paint and "wetted" it out like I always do.

20160706_143901.jpg

The wet sanding is done. Going to paint it orange and throw in some white trim. Decided to keep it bright and clean simple design. Next one I build the paint will be more complex.

Rusty 2x some kind of blue that was laying around

Funny thing is I just used Rusto 2X Blue about an hour or so ago and yours is lighter...I just checked and mine is "Deep Blue". I had two cans of blue and apparently grabbed the right one since just now I checked and the other can is "Brilliant Blue" (which may be the color you used?). Good thing for me since I was trying to match up the blue I had laid down on another part of the rocket last year. (Mine is a slow moving project. :rolleyes:)

Looking really good! Do you have any tips to share on getting such nice paint lines with the masking tape?

Best regards,
Brian

Looking really good! Do you have any tips to share on getting such nice paint lines with the masking tape?

Best regards,
Brian

Hey Brian - As far as the tape lines I use the Tamiya brand tape. Those lines were done with 6mm, but I also have 10mm and 18mm that I use when needed. I also don't waste tape when I mask. I use the rolled paper you get at Home Depot to cover 90% of the area and use a lot of blue tape if it comes in contact with the paper. If I tape to the model I use Tamiya because it won't peel the paint, or you have a lot less chance of it happening. Always make sure you rub your paint line (tape line) down so there's gap that the paint can get under. Pull the tape after about 20 minutes and pull away from you at an angle, but be careful not to touch the painted areas.

BTW - The new tubes look great. After building this I'm going to upgrade the next kit with better center rings and motor tube along with better airframe tubes. I would normally damp sand this model after I shoot the clear, but the tubes are so flimsy and cheap I would be afraid to do it. I'm just messing around with different designs on this for kicks.

20160710_151000.jpg20160710_150943_HDR.jpg20160710_150931.jpg20160710_150928.jpg20160710_150917.jpg20160710_150903.jpg20160710_150855.jpg

Well I would call this done. Not bad for a quick build. I was considering doing more on the paint, but I feel if I did it would t ake the balance or flow away from the design. I just need to touch up some over spray I got on the white vwith some damp sanding and then I'll shoot the clear. I start a new contract to his Tuesday so gonna try and get the work done if not next weekend.

Latest posts

Back