Even a Rocket Scientist can have a BAD day...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SS/EA 6BBL 71 Cuda

Reaction score
What a day- With impending thunderstorms planned to hit the area (and, boy oh boy did they about an hour ago) the plan was to get some serious mowing done!

Not only my Tree Farm but, my good friend a mile away...who owns a really large former horse pasture.

Now you see the Fourth of July is rapidly approaching and, it's THAT time of the year to blow off ALOT of fireworks! :eek:

Pretty lights...loud noises... :eek:

Friend is out of town- No problem...ill just strap a cooler and, gas can to the mighty "Turf Panzer" and, ride a deserted road down to his farm and, give the field of glory a close shave!

Let's see... A foot of grass...a cooler packed with Twinkees, Sodas and, an extra pack of smokes...

No problem!:D

Three hours later-

A one acre pasture reduced to a stunning 2" cleeeeean shave! Not hard too do when you have a good zero turn mower with 30 digital fuel injected horsepower-and, a full tank of Cam 2 110 octane racing gas...

Outside of running over a few old beer cans, large sticks and, the occasional field mouse scattering- pretty easy job. ;)

Head back to the house, work on my yard...turn my skin three shades darker red in the broiling heat today...walk in the house...check my phone.

I've got a text! :smile:

Hi Gus! Nice job on the back pasture...:eek:

:D Thank-you Richard! Are you feeling it? Farmageddon 2016 is ONLY a week out!

Ohhhh...I'm feeling it...we just got back and, wanted to ask a question! :eek:

:D Fire away!

Did you happen to SEE my Tomato plants? :eek:

:D Tomatos don't grow on plants, they come in a can or glass jar!

Gus? :eek:

:D Trust me im a Rocket Scientist, I know these things!

Gus? Do you remember anything peculiar around the north fence line? :eek:

:facepalm:

Gus? This is Rich's wife NOT Rich and, you are in a heap o trouble! :mad:

:surprised: I know it's REALLY hot out right now, do you think you'll "Cool down" in the next week or so?

Maybe...YOU BETTER PUT ON ONE HELL OF A DISPLAY.....CRYSTAL? :mad:

:eek: CLEAR!

How was i too know? Weeds, rye grass...tomato plants...they ALL look the same? :confused:

Last edited:
LOL. Yup. The price of free labor...
Dad had the hired man mow my yard a few weeks ago. I have been nursing along this scraggly Lilac bush from a wee sprout in my back yard. Granted, I'm not a huge green tumber, and my mulching skills are weak, but it was still around a foot tall. Whelp, no more... It magically disappeared after that day. Oh well, it wasn't growing good in the shade of the maple tree. A good excuse to try again in a better location.

Adrian

Hey, that's why I buy my wife any dang mower she wants. Zero turn, "Land Somethin'", big azz Kawasaki engine, super bucket seat on shocks, etc. No tanning opportunity for me, but then no sweat either. And no way to blame me for any ruined plants or flowers. :)

I may not be the brightest bulb on the chandelier of life Adrian/Tim but, after giving it about an hour or so "Rich" and I, had a good laugh about the whole deal...over the land line.

Funny thing was- he didn't know his wife had gotten his cell phone in her hands.

I sure did......:jaw:

A lot of home cooked meals over there on Sunday nights! :p Soon to be Tomato-less for sometime too come though....:sigh:

Last edited:
So I've got these raspberries growing like weeds.....

According to Google Maps your 268 miles away from Malfunction Junction...That means at a blistering speed of "Mach 10mph" it should take the better part of 27 hours to reach you-

I'll just run down to Rural King today and, pick up a red triangle with a red flag and, pole... Don't want too get "Rumped" on the Interstate!;)

Going to need the BIG Cooler and, maybe two gas cans this time...

Back