Loc Mother Lode for LDRS 2017

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still looking for length of motor tubes; specifically how much is exposed below the 7.51" airframe.

I need this dimension so one or more Mother Lode's may be born in the not-so-distant future.

Thanks, and again looking forward to watching the group's build here!:)

-Eric-

Hey gang. How you doin? The Mother Lode came up last night in discussion and has me wondering if I'll see any big Motha Lodes at LDRS this year????

I'm still planning on mine. Mother Lode plus. Four fins/tubes. No, I haven't started yet.... I do have the fins and mmt tubes though.

I'm still planning on mine. Mother Lode plus. Four fins/tubes. No, I haven't started yet.... I do have the fins and mmt tubes though.

You probably don't need the reminder, but as I just discovered this last night: Make sure all four tubes are aligned!!!

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showt...(Alt-Title-Three-O-LOC)&p=1671512#post1671512

That was to be the MMT section for my King Viper IV. Will be working on v 2.0 sometime in the future.

Would love to come to LDRS to see these fly. It's still up in the air, tho.

Ok guys, I did a shout out to rocket God Steve Eves. He measured his, there is 34" exposed below airframe. So what's inside is really up to you. I have 48" tubes. I will begin construction this weekend, so plenty of time..... Arggghhh!. One weekend to build, one to paint... Wish me luck!

Ok guys, I did a shout out to rocket God Steve Eves. He measured his, there is 34" exposed below airframe. So what's inside is really up to you. I have 48" tubes. I will begin construction this weekend, so plenty of time..... Arggghhh!. One weekend to build, one to paint... Wish me luck!

Thanks Jim! You can do it! Nothing like a quick build!!!! Now get to work!:wink:

This is embarrassing because I've been working on my LDRS project for nine months.... :eek:

When I say "weekends", I really mean it. To those that don't know me, I am a truck driver. I leave home Sunday mornings and usually return Thursday evening. And most Fridays are taken up, soooo.......

Eric and all interested.Fin specs.
root 17"
leading 14.5"
trailing 10"
width 10"

Hope it helps.

Construction begins 5.4.3.2.1...mark.

0845am 3/25/17.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we haves a rocket.

Holy Catz Jim; that's awesome! Congrats on getting her framed up in short order! Looks amazing; can't wait to see it in person!

Thanks for the dimensions; we'll see if it spawns offspring!

-Eric-

Got most of the construction done. Need to place a few pcs of all thread and epoxy some of the tube valleys. There's a solid bulkhead on top of the motor tubes. Thinking about expanding foam to fill the internal space between tubes. Should have her done next weekend.

Not sure how many Mother Lodes took flight at LDRS 2017, maybe time to reschedule the gathering...:cool:

I'll just leave this here for now....

046_zpsemnfsuw6.jpeg

Eric, I don't believe any flew. I will finally get time this weekend to work on mine. I believe damned thing too big to fit in the cab of my truck, so bringing it to MWP is out.

There are only a couple of things that need to be worked around. Motor tube length being the #1 as we don't carry 45" long like the originals... The 2nd might be resolved already but just adding a "builders choice" option on the recovery... But we have prototypes! =)

Regarding the 45" tubes. I found a boat load of 3" mailing tubes with full length couplers inside. Like several dozen. I made 45" tubes and glued the joint end up inside the airframe. Might be a option to consider.

087_zpswzunx5fi.jpg

I know this has been posted elsewhere, but here's a slightly higher resolution photo of Ron with the Custom giants! Lookin' good, Ron!

072_zpsj1pte4j8.jpg

Eric- where do you store all of these monster rockets? :)

Back