LDRS 36 Web Site is Live 6-21-16

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Submissions go to the MDRA BOD, so I assume they will. I don't know the politics between the host club and TRA management. So I guess it's possible that the TRA BOD has some say in it.

From what I've seen the Host club has a pretty free hand in things like that.

Oh man, I so want to attend another LDRS. We try to make it a family event, but with the April date that means the kids will still be in school. Usually we don't mind if they miss a couple of days for something educational but that happens to be test week, so no deal.
I may have to make it a solo trip.....

Current MDRA members will vote on the Logo Design. No limitations on entries or imagination......

Neil

I respect the notion that the hosting club should get to decide the logo, after all they are hosting LDRS, but I thought I would just throw out an idea.
Why not let the participants of LDRS decide? Here is a a proposal:

Close the submission for new logo entries at the time registration opens.
Set a deadline and all who register before the deadline can vote. Use the registration form to have block to select which logo they desire.
One registration, one vote. Ties to be decided by MDRA members.

Granted an overwhelming number of early registers will be MDRA members but it does open up the logo selection to all those attending LDRS.
Even if the participants votes do not directly decide the logo, it may be useful for the MDRA members to see what public opinion would like.
I have no stake in this an I'll apologize if this is too difficult to implement, just thought I would make a suggestion.

Oh man, I so want to attend another LDRS. We try to make it a family event, but with the April date that means the kids will still be in school. Usually we don't mind if they miss a couple of days for something educational but that happens to be test week, so no deal.
I may have to make it a solo trip.....

That's an absolute shame Mike..
Maybe ask the principal of the school if they'd reschedule the tests,, earlier or later...
This is educational,, offer an essay or report on the launch as extra credit ??

Teddy

Just curious, did MDRA announce a winner of the logo contest? In a different thread? Looks like they simply chose their own logo and added some text-- is that it?

At my last inquiry they said they had chosen a winner but had some administrative things to take care of before they announced it. Stay tuned.

What else do I need to do to get listed as a vendor? I've submitted the form 2 times.

Being a volunteer organization, and with LDRS 36 still nine months away, I imagine the machine is not running as smoothly right now as it will be down the road. But I will e-mail the BOD and let them know you are not a happy camper.

Being a volunteer organization, and with LDRS 36 still nine months away, I imagine the machine is not running as smoothly right now as it will be down the road. But I will e-mail the BOD and let them know you are not a happy camper.

I'm just making sure it actually submitted.

Bob might be the only one checking the inbox, and if he is on vacation or something, it might be sitting there. If I don't get a response, I'll try to remember to ask on Saturday at our launch.

Any and all OFFICIAL communications will be handled through the LDRS site. There will be NO OFFICIAL ANOUNCEMENTS CONVEYED THROUGH THE FORUMS.

That's an absolute shame Mike..
Maybe ask the principal of the school if they'd reschedule the tests,, earlier or later...
This is educational,, offer an essay or report on the launch as extra credit ??

Teddy

My wife conceded and is letting me take one of the kids. The room is booked, so we're as good as there. I can't wait.

My wife conceded and is letting me take one of the kids. The room is booked, so we're as good as there. I can't wait.

Heyyyy,,,
That's wonderful Mike...
Good for you man, ,,
ohhh,, and your son,, lol. ..
That really is great news...

Teddy

Just curious, did MDRA announce a winner of the logo contest? In a different thread? Looks like they simply chose their own logo and added some text-- is that it?

Looks like the winning Logo has made it's first appearance. Anyone download the latest Rockets Magazine issue yet?

Wow,, The logo looks great...
I don't know who came up with that logo but it's really cool...

Rockets magazine is always such a cool read...
So many people get mentioned,,
so many seriously cool flights...

Teddy

I have lined it up to do my Level 3 cert flight at LDRS. :) Can't wait! I loved my last LDRS. Just hope this one doesn't get rained out. :p

No, no, no,,,
The weather is going to be perfect,,, lol...

Teddy

I went on the website and registration is open for LDRS 36. :)

Iceman_Courtesy_WEB.jpg

Uncle gus.... Let's rephrase... you WILL be coming out unless you want this ^^ to happen to ya ;)

Iceman_Courtesy_WEB.jpg

Uncle gus.... Let's rephrase... you WILL be coming out unless you want this ^^ to happen to ya ;)

Here's the way I look at it Matt-

I bid my job allocation this week at work, I'll bid my vacation weeks (allocation) in about two-three more weeks.

Now, I've already let the girlfriend in on this...

It's her turn to pick our spring vacation. You see where this is going?
Anne!:smile: They have beaches out there!
Anne! :smile: There's LOTS of history out there!
Anne! :smile: They have L-I-G-H-T H-O-U-S-E-S! (I go *Stranger* than a $3 bill around Lighthouse's...I love everything about them!)

If I can get that week off...whether SHE wants to go or not- "I'm OFF like a Prom Dress!".

David Reese always told me that Red Glare was a great time...
Tim Dixie will be there!
My Dad Gary Kowabunga will there...

Why not Gusser?

See Matt, sometimes it's G:D:DD NOT to be married...

Plus+ I might...might... Remember I have to bid this time off- See your L-3!:wave:
Me? I got this little *New* 29mm Two Stager ready to jig up...Fun fun! :D

I'll know before the end of December whether I can do this.

Here's the way I look at it Matt-

I bid my job allocation this week at work, I'll bid my vacation weeks (allocation) in about two-three more weeks.

Now, I've already let the girlfriend in on this...

It's her turn to pick our spring vacation. You see where this is going?
Anne!:smile: They have beaches out there!
Anne! :smile: There's LOTS of history out there!
Anne! :smile: They have L-I-G-H-T H-O-U-S-E-S! (I go *Stranger* than a $3 bill around Lighthouse's...I love everything about them!)

If I can get that week off...whether SHE wants to go or not- "I'm OFF like a Prom Dress!".

David Reese always told me that Red Glare was a great time...
Tim Dixie will be there!
My Dad Gary Kowabunga will there...

Why not Gusser?

See Matt, sometimes it's G:D:DD NOT to be married...

Plus+ I might...might... Remember I have to bid this time off- See your L-3!:wave:
Me? I got this little *New* 29mm Two Stager ready to jig up...Fun fun! :D

I'll know before the end of December whether I can do this.

And ya can't forget about da Ma'yland crabs! :gavel:

Last edited:
Back