LDRS 36 Web Site is Live 6-21-16

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Reaction score
The web site is live and will be the official site for LDRS 36.

LDRS36.org

Neil

:flyingpig:

Wow that has to be a record that an LDRS site is up!!! Way to go MDRA!!!!!!

I may have to attend this launch. I have been looking forward to another east coast LDRS.

There is going to be a contest for logo design, so all you artistic types might want to check in frequently.

Not doing much flying this year due to other commitments (grad school) so maybe this will be my goal for next season! Can't wait to get back to building and flying!

Matt

Can the website be rated? Fortiguard web filtering software won't let me in to unrated websites.
Thanks
Greg

Doug....what is the question?

Neil

For those of us not familiar with the launch site, I've heard that camping is not allowed? If that is true, what time is the curfew? i.e. what time must one leave the launch site each evening? Is there any issues with driving stakes into the ground? I know they're dumb questions but I would hate to travel 2,000+ miles and not be able to set up my equipment. And for now I'm just considering the possibility of going...

Not official answers by any means, but as an MDRA member....

I don't think there is a curfew. Obviously it is private property and you want to be respectful. But I think the "no camping" rule means just that: don't pitch a tent and sleep there. Lower your EZ-Ups during the night so they don't blow away unattended.

No issue with stakes in the ground that I'm aware of. Done it many times, and no one has seemed to notice or care.

Holiday Park Campground is less than ten miles from the launch site. I have never been there and thus cannot comment on it.

No reply to my inquire so I'm not sure anyone is minding the store yet...

I got a reply to my questions...(sent and answered in an email) confirmed that this will be a Tripoli event with Tripoli Insurance - therefore will be following Tripoli/NAR rules.
Therefore, appears you will need to follow motor cert requirements as opposed to the "run what you brung" procedure of previous MDRA events.
(guess I'll have to save all those old Kosdon, FSI, Vulcan, Ellis Mtn. and other odd ball motors for another time).

Don't have to be an MDRA member to fly - as is typically done at MDRA/Red Glare etc.
You will have to be Tripoli or NAR to fly.

I might rejoin MDRA anyway.

Been doing most of my flying south of the border, Culpeper, VAST, HOVAAR, and SEVRA.
But I miss flying with the MD folks.
They are a great bunch.

Last edited:
(guess I'll have to save all those old Kosdon, FSI, Vulcan, Ellis Mtn. and other odd ball motors for another time).

Too bad but that's an awesome collection!!! Would love to compare notes one day!

Too bad but that's an awesome collection!!! Would love to compare notes one day!

All relatively small stuff unfortunately...think there is an old dirty harry Kosdon in there.
The FSI are BP motors - collectors items,...I'd be afraid to light them in something - been around a LONG time.

For those of us not familiar with the launch site, I've heard that camping is not allowed? If that is true, what time is the curfew? i.e. what time must one leave the launch site each evening? Is there any issues with driving stakes into the ground? I know they're dumb questions but I would hate to travel 2,000+ miles and not be able to set up my equipment. And for now I'm just considering the possibility of going...

Doug,

It will not be an issue. We are familiar with your equipment and will make sure you have a secure spot so you can work on it during the launch.

Neil

Signed up to be a vendor but it is just setting on Submitting. 3 trys and still no luck.

Doug,

It will not be an issue. We are familiar with your equipment and will make sure you have a secure spot so you can work on it during the launch.

Neil

I was mostly thinking of how to manage taking down the cameras after flying stops and setting up in the morning before flying begins. For now still trying to make the entire trip happen. Thanks for the replies.

You can be famous around the world if you win the MDRA’s LDRS36 logo contest. Just submit a drawing at the link provided and if you’re the lucky winner, we will ask for a final copy of your Logo Design either in a PSD or AI format so we can make Tee Shirts, Stickers and all other items related to MDRA’s LDRS36. Your name will forever be associated with the design that everyone will see at MDRA’s LDRS36.

Contest is open from July 1 till July 31 on August 5 the winner will be announced and LDRS36 will have a logo. It could be yours, enter as many times as you like.

https://ldrs36.org/logo-contest/

Neil

I look forward to attending my first LDRS! On the calendar so no one can take it off or plan over the top of it!!

You can be famous around the world if you win the MDRA’s LDRS36 logo contest. Just submit a drawing at the link provided and if you’re the lucky winner, we will ask for a final copy of your Logo Design either in a PSD or AI format so we can make Tee Shirts, Stickers and all other items related to MDRA’s LDRS36. Your name will forever be associated with the design that everyone will see at MDRA’s LDRS36.

Contest is open from July 1 till July 31 on August 5 the winner will be announced and LDRS36 will have a logo. It could be yours, enter as many times as you like.

Neil

Any minimum requirements for the logo...what it needs to say?

"LDRS 36" of course, "Freedom to Fly"...anything else?

Higgs Farm ?
or
Price MD?
MDRA?

Neil

Who will be doing the judging?

Back