Should Launch Organizers provide "recovery caddies" ?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should Launches provide "Recovery Caddies"

• Absolutely, and no tipping required

• Of course, and they should clean the rocket before returning it

• Seriously, why don't they already do this?

Results are only viewable after voting.

DavidMcCann

Reaction score
I think this is a great idea. I hate going to get my rocket, and it's a dehydration hazard. Someone else should be doing this for me.

I loved when some kids climbed over a fence to get my rocket. But then again, I like the exercise hiking for my rockets. That's why I always angle them with the wind...

I like this poke the best, no veils, but it reminds me a lot of TRF lately.....

[video=youtube;ScGPRsHSkaE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScGPRsHSkaE[/video]

Where's the option for "No, I am a responsible rocket flier and take recovery on a personal level seriously."

that caddy had better have segregated recycling containers! Oh, BTW, make rounds in the prep area to collect every 15 minutes SHARP!

I would like to get driven out to the pad, also. It can be a long walk from my EZ-Up to the C rack, and sometimes I'm carrying a two-pound rocket PLUS the igniter!

Hmm and all launch sites should had AC and be environment controlled.

I can't recall which edition of Mark Canepa's "Modern High-Power Rocketry" it was in, but I think there was a picture of a motor case cleaning service. Great idea right there. Neat way for a club, some scouts, or anyone wanting to learn by doing...to earn some extra bucks.

That's what we need - Fantasy Rocketry!

No getting hot, being cold, having to fetch your rocket, or deal with trash!

We can do it all on line,

That's what we need - Fantasy Rocketry!

No getting hot, being cold, having to fetch your rocket, or deal with trash!

We can do it all on line,

World Rocket Tour! Launch from the world's best launch sites! Move up through the certification levels! Buy virtual rockets, motors, igniters. Extend your launch rod/rail, change the angle of attack. Join a club and pay annual dues. We'll even use our randomizer to provide the occasional cato!

You know ... silly as that is, I'd probably sign up. :facepalm:

I can't recall which edition of Mark Canepa's "Modern High-Power Rocketry" it was in, but I think there was a picture of a motor case cleaning service. Great idea right there. Neat way for a club, some scouts, or anyone wanting to learn by doing...to earn some extra bucks.

My sister and I ran a rocket motor cleaning service at Freedom launch a few years back... we made about $80 over the 2 days we were there. I also recovered some rockets for people and ended up with a few extra motors in my motor box. ;)

Seriously?!?

And if it's a poll, where's the "other side"? the three 'choices' are essentially the same..

There is some history here you are missing, regarding the atrocious lack of recycling containers at ROC launches. :wink:

Seriously?!?

And if it's a poll, where's the "other side"? the three 'choices' are essentially the same..

This "poll" is a classic internet troll, that's why there's no opposing view.

That being said up here, for a while, a member brought out his 4 wheel rig, equipped with a rack for recovering rockets with free access to anyone that needed to chase down a wind-blown rocket. The added height of the rig also allowed a much better view of the surrounding area making the locating of the rocket go much faster. The owner had checked with the BLM and they said that a 4 wheel vehicle made less of an impact on the desert than walking through it due to less PSI pressure on the ground.

This comes under the heading of, "been there, done that."....

One year at LDRS TX. The flyers would walk to his rocket after landing check rocket all out make sure it was safe. Than a guy or gal would drive up on a 4 wheeler and give you and rocket a ride back right to you car. It was great than being 10 years older now it would be even more great. I had no problem at all handing them $10 for the ride back.
I would not want to see someone picking up a rocket and a charge goes off.

Safe and fun

Actually more of a dogpile on somebody who made a mistake, admitted that mistake, and apologized for the mistake.

Naw I'm cool with G zilla. and honestly I think more of the piling on was caused by others supporting the idea.

This poll is a playful, friendly jab at whoever started the poll on recycling

Hmm and all launch sites should had AC and be environment controlled.

Heaven knows I've repeatedly asked BLM for Vegas or Lucern to be used as sod farms. Just the idea of walking barefoot in the grass to recover my rocket sounds awesome, now if was air-conditioned, too, well.......
(and the dues- oh, golly!)

Heaven knows I've repeatedly asked BLM for Vegas or Lucern to be used as sod farms. Just the idea of walking barefoot in the grass to recover my rocket sounds awesome, now if was air-conditioned, too, well.......
(and the dues- oh, golly!)

Barefoot rocket recoveries are kind of cool, however the tack weed around the edges of the irrigation circles sucks.

Back