First Fire Mini/JR Firing Current

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firefox

Reaction score
Exactly what it says in the title - does anyone have the all-fire/no-fire info for them? Aerotech does not appear to list any firing current info about their initiators. I've been looking into clustering and air-starting with the 18mm SU and reload motors, and I'm trying to figure out the minimums needed for firing switches and batteries.

If you have about 50 of them sitting around you can do the testing yourself. The math is tricky though. If terms like Maximum Likelihood Estimate or Fisher Information Matrix make you run for the hills, this probably isn't for you. :)

Otherwise, measure the resistance (making sure that the Ohm meter current is safe!), use a 12V battery and size the other components appropriately: I = E/R.

I was hoping someone had the numbers (like Aerotech), but I suspected I'd have to do the testing myself. I've already read your articles on the Q2G2 and Solar, so one day soon it seems I'll be doing my own testing with First Fire minis using the same techniques. Thanks for chiming in!

Back