mini AUGIE

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlenP

Reaction score
Here is a mini version of the Li'l Augie, a mini Augie. Upper tube is same length as original, but a 13mm min dia. Bottom tube is 24mm engine tube.

DSC_6720.jpg

View attachment miniAugie.pdf
View attachment miniAugieFins.pdf

Still trying to work out a mini-engine booster as a rear eject pod with a streamer that will still leave some of the tube open for airflow during boost.

Last edited:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
The original plans call for adding centering strips directly to the booster engine. I wanted to make a mount for it, and hopefully recover it, so you don't have to prepare each booster engine ahead of time. I also deviated from the plans a little and let the sustainer engine protrude from the main body tube. The booster tube will go over the protruding part of the sustainer. I might stuff a little streamer in there to help find the booster, but it will block some of the airflow through the Augie tube during the boost. I plan to paint the inside of the Augie tube with high temp bbq paint, or add some aluminum dryer duct tape if I can get strips of it in there.

Last edited:
It stands down about as tall as my mini Groove Tube, which is a great flier with its Boostrer 5. They are sort of tube fin cousins, more or less.

Back