Lego Saturn V

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No super glue here, just in case I decide to take her apart and build her again. It's going on display in my office. That way the catzilla's won't knock it down, or the dog knocking it down going after catzilla's.

That is cool, my son has his sites set on this kit as soon as it is available!

awesome! all the reviews I saw on line said it's quite a sturdy design, with lots of neat building techniques. debating the instant gratification of getting it from the LEGO store on Thursday or ordering online, and paying slightly less tax.

awesome! all the reviews I saw on line said it's quite a sturdy design, with lots of neat building techniques. debating the instant gratification of getting it from the LEGO store on Thursday or ordering online, and paying slightly less tax.

No question, the Lego Store. You support a local retailer, get the kit immediately, and bring home something else you hadn't planned on buying. It's the obvious choice.

debating the instant gratification of getting it from the LEGO store on Thursday or ordering online, and paying slightly less tax.

My debate is whether to start building it right away on Thursday, or wait 2 months until my 11 year old son is back home from visitation with his mom for the summer and building with him.

Maybe if I just do ONE stage... I can stop after that, right?

Walmart & Toys R Us are bad at releasing Lego before the expected due date. Seem to be happening more & more, that they won't hold stock.

I found this Lego Saturn V on walmart.com that is a different kit than the one that comes out tomorrow. It only has 178 pieces and costs $749.99, which is $4.21 per piece!

Seems like one of those outrageous ebay ads instead of a legit Walmart sale. Who would buy this??

The new one has 1969 pieces and will cost $119.99, which is less than 6 cents per piece.

Wonder what local retailers will have this available for sale... On Thursday...

-Mike

This is one of those deals where I really, really want one but at the same time, I really want to spend $120 on something that will get one of my real rockets airborne... That said, i'll probably have one in the mail tomorrow. If I can.

Well, just ordered 2. My Discover card hates me. It got abused last weekend at Wildman's, now this... :pc:

I must not be the only one trying to order some. The website was pretty glitchy...

Well, just ordered 2. My Discover card hates me. It got abused last weekend at Wildman's, now this... :pc:

I must not be the only one trying to order some. The website was pretty glitchy...

I just ordered two as well, one for my son and one for my desk. If you think the US site is glitchy try the Canadian site. It would not even let me order it so I had to order it off the US site.

I tried for an hour last night at midnight to order one... Couldn't get anything to work. Now they are on back-order. Frustrated.

My wife was at the local Lego store at a nearby mall at 10am when they opened so she could buy one for me for my birthday today.

She said she was the first one, but they only had 40 in stock and there was a line of about 20 people by the time she left. No doubt they'll sell out today.

I'm VERY tempted to use crazy glue when I build this but I know what will happen. I asked my 11 year old son about building kits - he's built more than I can count - and asked how often he puts on a couple of pieces and realizes he put one on wrong and has to go back and change it. He said it's more like he'll put one on wrong, put on about 40 more, and then realize he has to take all those off to change it. Using crazy glue means you have to build it perfectly the first try. That's just not me.

No Kragle for me. You never know when you might want some pieces to modify a build, make a mistake, or even take the whole thing apart to build again at a later time. I recently grabbed the tubs of legos I had when I was a kid and rebuilt some of my favorites that I knew we had. It was a blast.

20170309_201741.jpg

20170328_213557.jpg

20170306_142604.jpg

My wife was at the local Lego store at a nearby mall at 10am when they opened so she could buy one for me for my birthday today.

She said she was the first one, but they only had 40 in stock and there was a line of about 20 people by the time she left. No doubt they'll sell out today.

I'm VERY tempted to use crazy glue when I build this but I know what will happen. I asked my 11 year old son about building kits - he's built more than I can count - and asked how often he puts on a couple of pieces and realizes he put one on wrong and has to go back and change it. He said it's more like he'll put one on wrong, put on about 40 more, and then realize he has to take all those off to change it. Using crazy glue means you have to build it perfectly the first try. That's just not me.

That's my recent experience trying to help my grandson. I will say we were working on a fairly complicated kit (for me at least) and was having a devil of the time. It just seemed like the instructions didn't show enough detail. Then my daughter pops in and asks why we were using the more advanced instructions. D'oh!

Either way I'm buying from LEGO direct VIP points and gift cards. Kragle is not allowed ever, I'm still mad at my dad for parts he glued together almost 30 years ago on me.
The $750 7486 set is OoP from 2003, I have most of the Discovery line from that year. That is a ridiculous price even if it is MSIB (Bricklink has them for ~150 https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=38862#T=S&O={}) It is a nice set though. Those are some nice Classics there FlyFalcon!

Well, tried a Toy's R Us, Target, and 2 Walmarts - no luck.

Guess it is time to order on line

Side note - at one of the stores, I asked if the aisle was where all of the Lego's are

Response: Yes - what are you looking for?
Me - the new Saturn V Rocket
Response: Is that part of the Marvel line?
Me - :facepalm:

I tried for an hour last night at midnight to order one... Couldn't get anything to work. Now they are on back-order. Frustrated.

Just when I thought I squeaked under the radar, I received an email saying my orders are now back-ordered. A quick call to Lego and they confirmed that they had a much larger response than anticipated, however they said the bulk of the back-orders should fill quickly, but the status was constantly changing. Currently mine is set for the 16th.

I wonder how many they sold.

Just when I thought I squeaked under the radar, I received an email saying my orders are now back-ordered. A quick call to Lego and they confirmed that they had a much larger response than anticipated, however they said the bulk of the back-orders should fill quickly, but the status was constantly changing. Currently mine is set for the 16th.

I wonder how many they sold

A lot. The dude I got from customer service said they got a much bigger response than they had anticipated.

So, apparently the website was glitchier than I thought, because after seeing this I was checking my email. No order confirmation... So placed a call to customer service (dude was great. Very helpful. Turns out, I had two profiles saved, but only one has VIP...) and figured out that I never placed an order... So order placed and second ID cleared out (I hope...).

Two of my daughters got the last one at the Lego store in Annapolis this morning and gave it to me tonight.

Back