LDRS photo game

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watermelonman

Reaction score
At launches I mostly get caught up in my own flights.

However sometimes I catch some good ones from other folks. If any of these are yours, please identify, or even if you simply know the builder, the motor, or some story. I will post one photograph per message, simply reply to the single if you can fill in any data.

Also, message me to request an email of the full resolution copy.

jLIcDGg.png

Nikon 70-300mm, wish I had a 70-200mm but that is another whole realm of budgeting.

I got no dog in this fight, but superlative photos. Thanks for posting. Skippy was running special projects and as such didn't do his usual 4k pics of every individual having lunch, cleaning motor cases, the rare and dried out Lucern Valley snail inhabitant disturbed by "M" motor flights, etc. ( Much love Gerald-just teasing!) Thanks for stepping up!

Cluster Wuck (or Wuk, I forget how I spell it).
7.5" diameter, ~7' long, 48.8 pounds on the pad, flying on the following:
M3100 off the pad
Pair of J316's at 2.5 seconds
Pair of J580's at 7 seconds (one of which spit the nozzle and did some damage)
Pair of H143's at 10 seconds
Pair of J150's at 14 seconds
9,695' apogee, landed 1.1 miles north of the range head.

Any chance you got any pics of the airstarts on that flight?

I got pretty decent video of the entire cluster sequence on that rocket. I'm only up to Friday afternoon on the processing of my videos though, so it will probably be next weekend before I get my album uploaded. I'll post on this thread with the link to the video once it's up.

Finally got my LDRS 35 album online (main link is in my signature), xenon a direct-link to your clustered launch is here. Google offers a download link but I can provide the original videos upon (PM) request as I believe Google down-sizes everything now.

Here’s a bunch of my photos from LDRS. Thanks to everyone for running an awesome event!

Full album here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/130867993@N02/albums/72157669177143482

Punisher drag race:

AT M650:

AT M1297:

AT M1500 (TRF'er Wayco's Darkstar Extreme):

CTI L640 in my MAC Rayzor (unfortunately didn't survive):

CTI M3700 in Watermelonman's Punisher 4 (awesome flight):

AT M1297:

CTI M1830:

CTI I566 Vmax in my guided recovery test rocket (effectively a stretched Mini Magg with lots of electronics):

Punisher drag race round 2:

CTI K650 Pink in Watermelonman’s Darkstar 3:

AT L850:

AT L1000 (Cris Erving):

Managed to find a couple of rockets jumping off the pad among the mass of photos. The rest of them are just rockets sitting on the pad or smoke trails with no rocket. This was the best I could do with little experience, meager equipment, and poor timing.
Picture 112.jpgPicture 113.jpg

Managed to find a couple of rockets jumping off the pad among the mass of photos. The rest of them are just rockets sitting on the pad or smoke trails with no rocket. This was the best I could do with little experience, meager equipment, and poor timing.
View attachment 296294View attachment 296295

Too bad you didn't get the one right next to the dome finned rocket - that's my 3" LOC IRIS, and the one flight of mine I forgot to snap a liftoff photo.

Back