Yet Another A.C.M.E Spitfire

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking about finishing as an homage to "The Burrow" - the Weasley residence from Harry Potter (because I'm a giant nerd) but realized that would take a TON of time and I'm dubious about the potential for success. Instead, I'm thinking I'm going to try for a rusty/primer "rat rod" sort of look.
the beauty of this rocket is you can do all kinds of things to make it look cool! I can visualize a rusty red looking awesome!

The more of these I see, the more I want to build one! Are the wraps being talked about also available from the manufacturers website, or are they an after-market product?

Thanks. I'm still giving thought to how I would finish one. I may just end up doing it like the FarSide cartoon - the original A.C.M.E. Spitfire!

Personally, I believe the A.C.M.E is screaming for a tie dye wrap kit. I'm curious if scrapbook paper, spray adhesive and clear coat would do the trick....
I did this bird by printing the designs on label paper.The NC is done a little different. I have some pretty cool designs I posted that may work for you to print.

Wavy Gravy.JPG

I have to take a shot at one of these...I kinda thinking doing one of Al Shepard's favorite comic..Jose Jimenez...

Bill_Dana_Jose_Jimenez_astronaut_Bill_Dana_Show_1963 (1).JPG

kinda like a beat up Mercury Redstone

agree...both were awesome! The kit really does look like a clean slate just waiting for some artistic interpretation!!

Thanks Rick! Personally I liked Mushtang's as I only copied what FATBOY had done. His was an original idea and it looks awesome!

Back